Options

SQL Compare option "Ignore authorization on schema objects" is not being triggered

Hi Redgate,

I'm having issues with a SQL Compare option, which is not being triggered in my deploy. I'm trying to ignore any changes made to a schema that relates to authorization, since my env's have diffrend users assigned to the schema. But my deployments keep overwriting the authorization because it's "inside" source control. I have the SQL Compare Option "Ignore authorization on schema objects" selected in both SQLCompare.exe

SQL Compare cmd:
1gr129ed5qju.png

SQL Compare tool:
2nmf4npepbc7.png

What am I missing?

Thanks,

Tim
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    I think the issue is that SQL Compare defines "Schema Objects" as objects inside a schema. This option therefore affects tables, views etc but not the schemas themselves. I think you'll need to filter out schemas in order to deploy just the changes you care about. Does Compare work as expected in that case?
    Software Developer
    Redgate Software
  • Options
    Bas_KBas_K Posts: 15 Bronze 1
    Hi Sam,

I do not want to exclude my schema entirely, I want the schema to be there, just not with this authorization change. Is there a way to filter this in sql source control?

Tim
  • Options
    Unfortunately this is not currently possible, I think because the specification of ownership is the main point of having a schema. I suspect ignoring authorization could create a lot of unexpected behaviour, although it's hard to be sure without understanding your use case.
    Software Developer
    Redgate Software