SQL Prompt will not "Select in Object Explorer" for User-Defined Table Types.

When I try to use the "Select in Object Explorer" option in the context menu for a User-Defined Table Type nothing happens. SQL Search will not find User-Defined Table Types either.

Is this by design or a bug?
Tagged:

Comments

• James RJames R Posts: 104 Silver 4
    Hi @Ngainer ,

Thanks for the post. Unfortunately I can't reproduce this issue locally in SQL Prompt. As long as the Object explorer has been refreshed and is up to date and you have ran Refresh Suggestions (Ctrl+Shift+D) then I can select the type fine.

To help reproduce the issue, could you give me a bit more information?

1. If you query the sys.table_types system table are your user defined types there?
    2. Can you send me the definition of your type and an example query you're trying to run 'Select In Object Explorer' from? Just in case this is only failing in a specific type of statement.

Thanks for your patience!
    James
    Software Engineer
    Redgate Software
  • NgainerNgainer Posts: 16 Bronze 3
    James,

You are correct. I am able to select the type now in Object Explorer. It must have been a refresh issue. I am still not able to search for the User-Defined Table Type in SQL Search.

Are you able to find any types that have been created in SQL Search by name?

Thank you!

Nathanial
  • Repo'd - SQL Search doesn't appear to search for user defined types or table types.
  • Tawfik_Khalifeh_cmeTawfik_Khalifeh_cme Posts: 4 Bronze 1
    edited November 23, 2017 10:40AM
    Same issue here, search and selection don't work for user defined table types, as well as f12 and other quick actions
  • Jessica RJessica R Posts: 1,319 Rose Gold 4
    Thanks all!

SQL Search does not search user-defined data types at the moment and I've created a request for this with reference SDI-724.

To confirm though, is SQL Prompt's "Select in Object Browser" option still not working for you with user-defined table types @Tawfik_Khalifeh_cme?

Jessica Ramos | Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?

• Tawfik_Khalifeh_cmeTawfik_Khalifeh_cme Posts: 4 Bronze 1
    edited November 28, 2017 7:11AM
    Jessica R wrote: »
    Thanks all!

SQL Search does not search user-defined data types at the moment and I've created a request for this with reference SDI-724.

To confirm though, is SQL Prompt's "Select in Object Browser" option still not working for you with user-defined table types @Tawfik_Khalifeh_cme?

"select in object browser" is working for user defined table types
  • Jessica RJessica R Posts: 1,319 Rose Gold 4
    Thanks for confirming that @Tawfik_Khalifeh_cme!

Jessica Ramos | Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?

• OmidOmid Posts: 8 New member
    I had the same experience when I upgraded my SSMS and SQL search to the latest version the problem started. Even after rolling back to previous versions did not solve my problem.
    I think I have to install a clean new Win 10 an re-install every thing.
    Refreshing Object explorer does not do any thing for me. 
    I search som text that some triggers and functions appear in result , and double click on them or right click menu just opens the Object Explorer but does not locate the procedure