restore failing

bkanbkan Posts: 4 New member
please need help restore failing with the following error and there is no way to edit the job
The REPLACE option must be used when using the DISCONNECT_EXISTING option on an active database.
Thanks
Tagged:

Answers

• We are investigating this under a support ticket. If any other users experience this please do reply here and we will look into this for you.
    Kind regards,
    Dan Bainbridge
    Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software
  • bkanbkan Posts: 4 New member
    Having the same issue , does any one have an answer, the first error was (The log in this backup set begins at LSN 936699000000029700001, which is too recent to apply to the database. An earlier log backup that includes LSN 934385000001789300001 can be restored.)
    when i manually did the restore from the earliest LSN it was success and now this error
    The REPLACE option must be used when using the DISCONNECT_EXISTING option on an active database.

• spipesspipes Posts: 2 New member
    Having same issue, is there a resolution on this ?
  • spipesspipes Posts: 2 New member
    Dan B said:
    We are investigating this under a support ticket. If any other users experience this please do reply here and we will look into this for you.
    Dan, is there a resolution on this? I have this same issue.
  • The error message indicates that the transaction logs are being restored out of sequence.  You need to determine if the earlier transaction log backup file does exist in the folder where SQL Backup is restoring from, and if so, why SQL Backup is not picking up that file to restore. 

It could be something like the earlier transaction log backup having a password, while the later ones do not, and the restore command now does not provide a password.  Or a situation where SQL Backup failed to fill in the backup details for that earlier backup, causing SQL Backup not to be able to identify that backup set correctly.

If you cannot find the required file, then it could be that the SQL Backup service on the backup server failed to copy the file over (if you were using the COPYTO option), or a transaction log backup was made outside of SQL Backup, in which case you'll need to track down that file using details from the msdb..backupset and msdb..backupmediafamily tables on the backup instance.
    SQL Backup - beyond compression
  • shara123shara123 Posts: 1 New member
    I am facing the same error as you, how can I solve it subway surfers quordle