Error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

I am trying to run the SQLDatagenerator.exe through command prompt.
Background Info:
I have a sqlgen file created and saved.
Here is the text that I am running:
"Red Gate\SQL Data Generator 4\SQLDataGenerator.exe" /project:"AirwatchDB.sqlgen"

Now, all the files are present at their given addresses and are not restricted to access.

Here is the error message that I am getting:
SQL Data Generator: activated, edition standard, serial number: 000-000-000000-0000
SQL Data Generator 3 V4.0.0.1362
===========================================================================================================================================================================================================================================
Copyright Copyright c Red Gate Software Ltd 2008-2017

Error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

** I have changed the serial Number for licensing issues but, rest is same.

Urgent resolution needed.

Answers

• Jessica RJessica R Posts: 1,319 Rose Gold 4
    Hi @mihirian!

I believe we have a support ticket open for this issue as well and I'm just copying my response here:

Hm, it seems like the command line may be having a problem with the project you're using for some reason.

Just to confirm- if you specify the server and database instead of a project, does the same error occur, i.e.

sqldatagenerator /server:Widget_Server\SQL2012 /database:WidgetTest

If so, does this error happen with any database you try with?

Can you please run the command again with the /verbose switch, and then zip up and send me your log files in %localappdata%\Red Gate\Logs\SQL Data Generator 3? Hopefully, the logs may shed some light!

Jessica Ramos | Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?