Cannot import registered servers in the interface

Dears,
I'm new to SQL Backup pro. we are two DBAs. Every one has own interface, we are struggling to how can be one interface. He added 25 servers and I cannot see neither import them. How can we see one interface as two.

This is a really causing an issue for us. any explanation would be appreciated.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,780 Rose Gold 5
    Hi, thank you for your forum post.

As you have discovered, each user has their SQL Backup GUI, as each user's configuration is located within their Windows profile settings (C:\Users\<User Name>\).

The SQL Backup GUI was never designed for multiple users to share the same interface.

The good news is that you can copy the User_1's configuration to User_2, as follows:

1. Ensure that the SQL Backup GUI is closed for User_2.

2. On User_1 machine / profile, locate the following folder:
    C:\Users\<User_1>\AppData\Local\Red gate\SQL Backup\Server Data
    The Server Data folder will contain a number of random numbered .dat files, each one corresponding to a registered server and a localDataCache.dat.

3. Copy the User_1 Server Data folder to User_2's profile on their machine / profile:
    C:\Users\<User_2>\AppData\Local\Red gate\SQL Backup\Server Data

4. On User_1 machine / profile locate the following file called 'Servers.dat' in this path:
    C:\Users\User_1\AppData\Roaming\Red Gate\SQL Backup\

5. Copy the User_1 servers.dat file to User_2's profile on their machine / profile:
    C:\Users\User_2\AppData\Roaming\Red Gate\SQL Backup\

6. User_2 now opens their SQL Backup GUI. All being well the configuration created by User_1 will be available.

Please be aware, any change made by User_1 after performing the above will not be passed to User_2. Likewise, any change made by User_2 will not be passed to User_1.

I hope the above helps.

Many Thanks
    Eddie

Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com

Answers