Error "Input string was not in a correct format"

Hi,

I've installed the Oracle Deployment Suite trial and I'm having a problem using the Source Control program (the other two seem to work).

I startup the 64 bit version (I have a 64 bit Oracle 11g client) and when I select "Create a new source control project..." I'm presented with the error "Input string was not in a correct format".

Whichever option I select on the screen (ignore error, send report, etc...) the program then proceeds to the next screen to establish a connection, but I can advance any further as the buttons to test or advance don't work.

Can you help me?
Tagged:

Answers

• Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,780 Rose Gold 5
    Hi, thank you for your forum post.

Source Control for Oracle creates a text log file, for each session that the GUI is started or opened. You will find the log files in this folder:
    C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\Red Gate\Logs\Source Control for Oracle 4\

Are you able to identify any entries to identify the cause of this "Input string was not in a correct format" error?

Alternatively, send a copy of the log file or files to support@red-gate.com and include a link or reference to to this forum post.

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com