Options

Feature Request

jdm0759jdm0759 Posts: 4
edited January 18, 2007 10:34AM in SQL Doc Previous Versions
It would be nice to be able to have check boxes available in Options or just before the document build where you could turn on/off the generation of certain Quick Links. For example, if you don't want the SQL Script to be generated, then the SQL Script link and the SQL Script section would not be generated.

Also, on the tree node, if you are using the MS_Description extended property, it would be nice if you could have the option to display the table description instead of the physical tabe name in the Table nodes. I like how the table description is displayed when you expand the node and the column descriptions are included in the column table.

These are just a couple of items we would like to see in the future. We've been looking for a good SQL Server database documenter and this one has beat everything we've seen hands down and looks like you are just getting started with it. I'm sure the best is yet to come. :)

Thanks for listening to your potential customers.
James Moore
Software Developer
Builder Software Solutions

Comments

• Options
    Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,780 Rose Gold 5
    Hi James

Thank you for your suggestion.

I will submit your suggestion to our development team.

Best Regards
    Eddie Davis
    Red Gate Software
    Technical Support
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com
  • Options
    Hi James,
    We have just release SQL Doc 1.1
    You can now turn off the SQL Script, however this is currently only available by editing the project file directly. However this will remove the Quick link as well.

Alternatively you can setup themes. This then means that you could setup multiple style sheets etc (eg one with SQL Script disabled).However this is also currently only available via editing the project file directly.

Hope that helps
    David
  • Options
    Hi David,

Thanks a bunch for the update. You think there will come at time where we can select whether to display the physical table name or the description for the tree view nodes?

Thanks again!

James
    James Moore
    Software Developer
  • Options
    Hi James,
    If lots of others requests this feature then yes, otherwise I cannot see it happenning.
    Thanks
    David
  • Options
    Hey David,

Sure hope so (come on everybody!) hehe

The reason why we would like this feature is some of our customers have Crystal Reports and their report writers would like to have some documentation in order to use the correct table for reports. If you could choose between physical name or table description (which in this case we would choose table description) in the tree view nodes, it would make their lives so much easier. :-)

Thanks for listening and for a great product that I'm sure will continue to get better and better.

James
    James Moore
    Software Developer