Options

Is there any option to rollback specific change set after it was submitted?

The SQL server Source Control has such option and also possibility to compare 2 change sets. If such options exist in oracle tools.

Thanks a lot
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,780 Rose Gold 5
    Hi RitaR

Are you sure that SQL Source Control has the option to compare 2 change sets? SQL Source Control simply links your SQL database to a source control application. It makes use of the comparison engine used in SQL Compare to identify changes for Commit and Get Latest. Or do you mean SQL Compare?

Source Control for Oracle links your Oracle schemas to a source control application, using the comparison engine from Schema Compare for Oracle to identify changes for Check-in and Get Latest.

The equivalent of SQL Compare for Oracle, is Schema Compare for Oracle. Further information available here: https://www.red-gate.com/products/oracle-development/schema-compare-for-oracle/

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com
  • Options
    RitaRRitaR Posts: 5 New member
    I mentioned 2 possibilities that I have in Redgate SC for SQL Server, but didn't fount their equivalent in Redgate tools for Oracle. In SSMS I can compare 2 change sets using SQL Compare Pro, but in SC for Oracle I didn't see this possibility.
  • Options
    Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,780 Rose Gold 5
    edited October 10, 2017 3:53PM
    Hi RitaR

Thank you for your reply. I believe I now understand. The SQL Source Control product (as are SQL Prompt, SQL Search and SQL Test) is a plug-in to SSMS and SSMS must exist on the machine before the user can install SQL Source Control and the other plug-in tools.

Also when the user runs the SQL Toolbelt installer and installs the other tools, for example SQL Compare, SQL Data Compare, and SSMS is detected on the machine. A component called SSMS Integration Pack is added to SSMS. This allows the user to then launch SQL Compare, SQL Data Compare etc from within SSMS without having to visit the Windows Start menu.

The Redgate Oracle Tools are stand-alone products, they do not plug-in to an IDE, therefore there is no requirement for an Integration Pack to be installed. So you will need to launch each tool from the Windows Start Menu when required.

Schema Compare for Oracle is the Oracle equivalent of SQL Compare. You will be able to compare 2 change sets or scripts folders as data sources for your comparison.

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com