SQL Compare 13 Summary View Button "Missing" For Procedures and Functions

joejfjoejf Posts: 13 Bronze 2
edited September 29, 2017 4:23PM in SQL Compare
The button is actually there and works fine. But, there is no text on the button when the compared object is a Stored Procedure or a Function. The button is fine for other object types.

bg6t2j1aznlr.jpg

Tagged:

Comments

• Hi @joejf!

We concluded a round of user research and found out that summary view was only providing value to to non-text objects like Tables. The experience we have given to users on the text objects (such as Functions and Stored Procedures) was quite limited and inconsistent. Because of these reasons, we now only offer summary view for non-text objects like tables.

We also identified a few areas where we can make viewing text object differences better. However, we would like to make those happen within SQL View without taking users away from their code and complicating the experience.

I would love to understand how you benefited from Summary View on Stored Procedures or Functions.
    Tugberk Ugurlu
    Technical Lead, Data Privacy & Protection
    Redgate Software Ltd.
  • joejfjoejf Posts: 13 Bronze 2
    I just installed SQL Compare 13. It just seemed like a strange bug especially since the button still works.

I cannot speak to the usefulness but the Summary View for Views would be very similar to Procedures. They both show differences in permissions and extended properties. Procedures additionally show EXECUTE AS and settings like ANSI_NULLS.

k0beld4chqz6.jpg
  • I just installed SQL Compare 13. It just seemed like a strange bug especially since the button still works.

Thanks @joejf! I can reproduce the the issue and it seems like button is not properly disabled. I filed this as a bug and should be fixed soon. Thanks for reporting this!
    Tugberk Ugurlu
    Technical Lead, Data Privacy & Protection
    Redgate Software Ltd.