Options

Any chance of a couple of improvements?

rgribblergribble Posts: 88
edited January 18, 2007 5:15AM in Scream
Its good in it's current form but would be even better if it had filters to turn off the "equals" "different in 1" etc different difference types. Also sorting by column of the listview items

Any chance of enhancements like these occurring? There would probably be those of us in the user community willing/able to help if required, but i guess it goes a little deeper/proprietry than simply being written against the publicly available SQLToolkit edition?

Comments

• Options
    rgribble wrote:
    Its good in it's current form but would be even better if it had filters to turn off the "equals" "different in 1" etc different difference types. Also sorting by column of the listview items

Any chance of enhancements like these occurring? There would probably be those of us in the user community willing/able to help if required, but i guess it goes a little deeper/proprietry than simply being written against the publicly available SQLToolkit edition?

Awww you guessed it. Yes I've used quite a lot of code from the UI of SQL Compare mainly to get the lower comparison text box working nicely. You can sort in the listview by clicking on the column headers if that's what you're after as for the filtering it'll have to wait a bit as I'm up to my neck in few changes to the website.

Glad you find it useful.
    Richard Mitchell
    Project Manager
    Red Gate Software Ltd
  • Options
    I've just put up a new version of Scream which has an option that is persisted that removes identical objects.

Hopefully this should address your issue :)
    Richard Mitchell
    Project Manager
    Red Gate Software Ltd
  • Options
    hey thanks alot ill be sure to update my version when im back at work after hols

Would be great to get toolbars to show/hide by difference type, and by object type... but even this change should be very useful

Thanks again :)
  • Options
    We'll see when they change the Snapshot format on me again I may slip a few more things in there.

Have happy hols.
    Richard Mitchell
    Project Manager
    Red Gate Software Ltd