How do you use cloud databases? Take the survey.
Options

Monitored Instances dropping off Dashboard over time?

KayDKayD Posts: 2 New member
edited September 22, 2017 1:52PM in Redgate Monitor
Hi,

Does anyone else have this issue where after a couple of months, the list of monitored servers appears to slowly decrease on the SQL Monitor Dashboard? It looks like the instances just start dropping off the list.

The workaround we've been using is restarting the SQL Base Monitor Service. Everything appears to be back to normal after that.

Any advice to fix this would be appreciated.

Regards,

KD

Answers

• Options
    What version of SQL Monitor are you using? We did have a bug in an older version where this happened occasionally, but it was fixed quite a while ago.

In addition to this anything that might help recreate the issue apart from just leaving the base monitor running for a while would be of great help. It's hard to recreate that sort of issue. After what length of time are you seeing MEs drop off the dashboard?
    Have you visited our Help Centre?
  • Options
    KayDKayD Posts: 2 New member
    Hi Russell,

We're currently on version 7.1.1. It is noticeable after about 6-8 weeks that the servers have started disappearing. Apart from that, I haven't seen anything unusual, or rather I'm not sure what to look for.
  • Options
    Ok 6-8 weeks could be hard to recreate. Are you seeing large memory usage in WMI at all? A potential memory leak that restarting the basemonitor resolves temporarily? I guess we can only really ask that next time it happens, before restarting the basemonitor send in your logs and information on system resources and the like and we can try and take a look before it gets wiped.
    Have you visited our Help Centre?