SQL Prompt 7.5.1 and SSMS 17.2

beetlebeetle Posts: 2 New member
edited September 11, 2017 3:15PM in SQL Prompt
I just installed SSMS 17.2 and I've noticed that while SQL Prompt works fine for some servers and databases, I have one server where SQL Prompt does not load suggestions. Suggestions are enabled and refreshed, and the option in Suggestions -> Connections is set to "Load suggestions for all databases". So far, it appears to be just the one server and I don't see anything that would prevent suggestions on this server. Any ideas?
Tagged:

Comments

• Hi @beetle,

Thanks for getting in touch. Sorry to hear that you are having trouble seeing suggestions for that server. Please could you see if there are any errors in the log file and paste them here if so.

You can access the log file from the main menu of SQL Prompt via:

SQL Prompt -> Help -> Show Log

Best wishes,

Michael
    Michael Clark
    Technical Lead, SQL Monitor
  • beetlebeetle Posts: 2 New member
    OK, I found the issue in the log, and the way to work around it.
    07 Sep 2017 18:14:19,651 [47] WARN RedGate.SqlPrompt.Cache.Candidates.ServerCandidate - Failed to load server ServerNameRemoved
    System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): A connection was successfully established with the server, but then an error occurred during the login process. (provider: SSL Provider, error: 0 - The certificate chain was issued by an authority that is not trusted.) ---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): The certificate chain was issued by an authority that is not trusted

That was in the log. I checked the Trust server certificate box in Connection Properties and reconnected. Now suggestions are loading. Thanks!
  • Brilliant, we're very happy to hear you are back up and running.

Best wishes,

Michael
    Michael Clark
    Technical Lead, SQL Monitor