How to find highlighted errors?

RalphRalph Posts: 6
edited January 16, 2007 1:46PM in SQL Refactor Previous Versions
Hi to all

seems like a silly question but when using the Lay Out SQL how do you find the highlighted errors?
It is not a problem when there are less than 100 lines but when there are several thousand lines in my sql statement that I am working on, how do I locate them in an efficient manner?

Thanks

Ralph

Comments

• Ralph,

At the moment when SQL Refactor finds an error it should scroll the file to the first error, however we do not currently provide an overview of errors in the file. Sorry, this is probably not quite the answer you are looking for if you have 1000s of lines of SQL to debug, but we will consider this when we start to design the next version of SQL Refactor.

Just out of interest how would you like this information displayed?

Regards,

Jonathan.
    Jonathan Watts

-Project Manager
    -Red Gate Software Ltd
  • Hi Jonathan

I would be reasonably happy even if there was just a collection of line numbers that had the 'errors' listed in the messages Tab. At least then I could 'Go To..' the lines in question.

As it happens I did try the Lay Out SQL again and it scrolled to the top of the file and had the cursor at the start of the third line and the go was highlighted. I guess that two characters underlined was enough for me to miss.
    The other interesting part of this is if there is a space before the 'go' then the Lay Out SQL error occur. Maybe this is something that the Lay Out SQL could be modified to ignore or set the indentation of each 'Go' to match the previous line indentation.

Anyway on with work.

Regards

Ralph Price