SQL Prompt Error in VS2017 after update to 8.0.9.2226

After updating to SQL Prompt 8.0.9.2226 I can no longer open my Database project in Visual Studio 2017. As soon as I open the project I get a pop-up with the following error. Visual studio 2017 then crashes. I have attached the log. Not sure what steps to take to get back up and running?
---------------------------
An exception has been passed to SmartAssembly.ReportException
An exception has been passed to SmartAssembly.ReportException.
However, this assembly has not yet been processed by SmartAssembly.

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'RedGate.SQLPrompt.CrashReport, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7f465a1c156d4d57' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

File name: 'RedGate.SQLPrompt.CrashReport, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7f465a1c156d4d57'

at RedGate.SQLPrompt.CommonUI.Utils.ErrorDialog.ShowError(Exception e)

at RedGate.SQLPrompt.CommonUI.Utils.ErrorDialog.Do(Action action)

at RedGate.SQLPrompt.CommonUI.Utils.UIThreadInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass6_0.<BeginInvoke>b__0()

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackDo(ThreadMethodEntry tme)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackHelper(Object obj)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallback(ThreadMethodEntry tme)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbacks()

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.DebuggableCallback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.

To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.

Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.

To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

OK   

Tagged:

Comments

• ImmerTechImmerTech Posts: 3 Bronze 2
    Small update. Support has determined that there is an issue with the installer. They are going to get back to me in the next couple of days with an update on a fix. I will post here when they update.
  • Hi ImmerTech,

Try our new version 8.0.10 it should fix the hard crash which you get in VS.

Best Regards
    Krzysztof Kroczak

• ImmerTechImmerTech Posts: 3 Bronze 2
    You are closer. With 8.0.10 Visual Studio no longer crashes. But it now gets a error pop-up. When I check the log it looks like the error that is being generated is the following. But I think we should close this thread as answered and I will post the error as a new thread and support ticket since it is a different issue. Agreed?

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.Exception: The component 'RedGate.SQLPrompt.CommonUI.Forms.TaskExecuter.Views.DatabaseLoadingProgressPopup' does not have a resource identified by the URI '/RedGate.SQLPrompt.CommonUI;component/forms/taskexecuter/views/databaseloadingprogresspopup.xaml'.
    at System.Windows.Application.LoadComponent(Object component, Uri resourceLocator)
    at RedGate.SQLPrompt.CommonUI.Forms.TaskExecuter.Views.DatabaseLoadingProgressPopup.InitializeComponent()
    at RedGate.SQLPrompt.CommonVS.ToastPopups.LoadingPopupController.InitializeLoadingPopup()
    at RedGate.SQLPrompt.CommonVS.ToastPopups.LoadingPopupController.MetadataCacheOnLoadStarted(ILoadableCandidate candidate)
    at RedGate.SQLPrompt.CommonVS.ToastPopups.LoadingPopupController.<>c__DisplayClass6_0.<MetadataCacheOnLoadStarted>b__0()
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
    at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
    at System.Delegate.DynamicInvokeImpl(Object[] args)
    at RedGate.SQLPrompt.CommonUI.Utils.UIThreadInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass6_0.<BeginInvoke>b__1()
    30 Aug 2017 14:27:39,834 [1] ERROR RedGate.SQLPrompt.CommonUI.Utils.ErrorDialog - Report error dialog shown
    System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at RedGate.SQLPrompt.CommonVS.ToastPopups.LoadingPopupController.MetadataCacheOnCandidateFinished(ILoadableCandidate candidate, CacheEventArgs eventArgs)
    at RedGate.SQLPrompt.CommonVS.ToastPopups.LoadingPopupController.<>c__DisplayClass8_0.<MetadataCacheOnCandidateFinished>b__0()
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
    at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
    at System.Delegate.DynamicInvokeImpl(Object[] args)
    at RedGate.SQLPrompt.CommonUI.Utils.UIThreadInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass6_0.<BeginInvoke>b__1()
  • Hi

Sorry to hear it. Probably there's a workaround which I've described in this topic:
    improper uri

Best regards
    Krzysztof Kroczak