Options

unable to build neddinner application

I am evaluating the ANT performance profiler. In that process I am bulding the sample neddinner application / solution in Visual Studio. When I do this I am getting multiple error as " type or name spaces could not be found".

Since I am new to .net and C#, could any one help me in solving this issue ?
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    Russell DRussell D Posts: 1,324 Diamond 5
    edited August 22, 2017 12:06PM
    I think part of the problem is that the nerddinner code has not been maintained for such a long time that its probably got a multitude of issues.

Edit: ok I cloned the nerddinner repo from codeplex, and built the MVC4 project without issue in VS2017. Admittedly it isn't working well because I haven't set up the database yet but it runs.

What version of VS are you using? And which project did you open?
    Have you visited our Help Centre?
  • Options
    sudarshansudarshan Posts: 2 New member
    Than you so much for the reply. VSPro 2015, Version 14.0.25431.01 Update 3.

I opened the project nerdDinner.sln
  • Options
    Russell DRussell D Posts: 1,324 Diamond 5
    edited August 23, 2017 7:27AM
    I may have a VM somewhere abouts that has that on, bear with me. Otherwise....I'll try rebuilding the project and sticking it on Github somewhere for you to try.

In the meantime, have a look through the Github repos for it (there are a lot!): https://github.com/search?utf8=✓&q=Nerddinner&type= and see if there are any compatible, off the top of my head VS2015 is MVC4 natively, but they did add support for MVC5/6 later on - which version are you trying to compile against?
    sudarshan wrote: »
    I opened the project nerdDinner.sln
    I meant did you open the MVC3 or MVC4 solution? As there are two in the default repo. And if you didn't get the default repo, can you let me know where you got it so I can look at the exact version you're using?
    Have you visited our Help Centre?