Visual Studio 2017 Extension Beta

Russell DRussell D Posts: 1,324 Diamond 5
edited August 16, 2017 2:25PM in .NET Reflector Previous Versions
The Beta has ended, and the extension is now available on the VS2017 Gallery.
Have you visited our Help Centre?
Tagged:

Comments

• well first of all THANK YOU, been waiting for this and this is perfect timing as I'm having a weird issue with my Xamarin Forms app and am hoping this will help.

Unfortunately it doesn't appear to; Although I was able to decompile the library I want to debug (Xamarin.Forms.Platform.Android) and I can see the decompiled code and set a break point, it is not getting hit when I run the application.

am I missing a step or am I trying to do something that's not supported? I'm happy to provide more details, just let me know what would help.

thanks
  • Thanks for the feedback @SelAromDotNet , we'll investigate this on Monday.
  • We need more information for this @SelAromDotNet.

Could you please show us the Modules Window, and then show us the symbol load information please? This will hopefully show us why it's not loading things correctly:

d9qes1u6w71z.png

I'm unable to reproduce the issue you're seeing, so I suspect there's something wrong with the PDB you have loaded.
  • So it appears the modules window is empty:

a70r05mottry.png

I also included the generated source file, so it looks like it did decompile it, but it's not loading it.

I should also mention when I attempt to decompile the assemble (Xamarin.Forms.Platform.Android) it mostly fails:

dqwh9tjye0e6.png

but again I can F12 into definitions and the source does appear. I'm not very informed about how all this stuff works so I don't know what else I can provide but if you let me know I can share it. If it helps, here's a copy of the project I'm using:

https://github.com/selaromdotnet/XamFormsAppTest
  • Ok, I suspect this is going to be because we don't see the actual assembly itself, but whatever is offered up by the emulator.

Will take a look at the github project though and see what I can find.