decompile code

Hi,

HAS TO BE THE MOST ANNOYING ISSUE OF ALL TIME.

I don't know where the pdb is meant to sit. I constantly can't view the source code.

I delete it move it around.

What does one have to do to simply view the source code for a method without decompiling, as no times are shown.

Annoyed.
Tagged:

Comments

• Jessica RJessica R Posts: 1,319 Rose Gold 4
    So sorry to hear this is causing trouble for you!

A pdb should generally sit alongside the .exe that uses it, but when .NET Reflector creates the pdb file for you, it creates it to the pdb store in %localappdata%\Red Gate\.NET Reflector 9\Cache\0. When you debug from Visual Studio, the debugger should know to use this pdb so long as Tools>Options>Debugging>Symbols has that location enabled as a pdb location.

Just to confirm though, are you trying to use the pdb file to get line-level timings in the profiler? If so, you should just need to place the .pdb file in the same directory as the .exe you are profiling, or you can create a global debugging store to place the pdb file in as described here: https://documentation.red-gate.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=17695719

Just to confirm-are the methods from the assembly (that you created a pdb file for) showing up as bold in the profiler's call tree or methods grid?

Jessica Ramos | Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?