ReadyRoll causes Visual Studio 2017 to freeze when trying to change the currently selected project

I have Visual Studio 2017 Enterprise with all the updates installed. My solution contains two ReadyRoll projects. When I load the solution in Visual Studio the second ReadyRoll project is automatically selected in the ReadyRoll tool panel. When I try to change the selected project to the other one Visual Studio freezes.
Please advise.
Tagged:

Comments

• I have a similar problem in Visual Studio 2015 (with all updates installed), presumably since I installed the most recent version of ReadyRoll.

If I try to change the Project in the drop-down, Visual Studio freezes.
  • rbigbierbigbie Posts: 16 Bronze 2
    I have this same problem with ReadyRoll version 1.14.10.4533. When navigating to the ReadyRoll window and selecting a database project in the drop down, Visual Studio 2017 freezes. It didn't do this on the release I had previously which was before 1.14.9.X. This has left us to not be able to use ReadyRoll until you get this fixed. I would think this is on your high priority list since we don't have the ability to go back to the previous version of the Visual Studio 2017 ReadyRoll Extension. If I am able to, can you provide a work around?
  • Thank you all for reporting this. I've managed to reproduced the issue and have raised this with a team as a priority.

Apologies for the inconvenience. Until we can issue a hotfix, you may wish to downgrade to ReadyRoll Pro 1.14.9 (if you're using ReadyRoll Core, unfortunately you'll need to wait until the hotfix is available on the VS marketplace).
    Daniel Nolan
    Product Manager
    Redgate Software
  • rbigbierbigbie Posts: 16 Bronze 2
    Looks like you have provided an update via Twitter:

Redgate ReadyRoll 1.14.11 Fix bugs that occur when reloading projects https://t.co/ahPOxfcVkt Download https://t.co/bqEvo7DPPL

Thank you for your hard work on fixing this.
  • Hi rbigbie,

The bug is indeed resolved, sorry for the delay in responding here. Thanks for patience and please let me know if you continue to encounter any issues.
    Daniel Nolan
    Product Manager
    Redgate Software
  • t_ect_ec Posts: 4 Bronze 2
    edited May 29, 2018 10:30AM

dnlnln said:
    Hi rbigbie,

The bug is indeed resolved, sorry for the delay in responding here. Thanks for patience and please let me know if you continue to encounter any issues.
    Unfortunately I can't confirm that this bug is fixed in the current ReadyRoll Version: 1.17.18144.10163
    VS 2017 Prof freezes after loading the solution
  • dnlnlndnlnln Posts: 234 Gold 2
    edited May 30, 2018 8:00AM
    t_ec said:

Unfortunately I can't confirm that this bug is fixed in the current ReadyRoll Version: 1.17.18144.10163
    VS 2017 Prof freezes after loading the solution
    This is a known issue in 1.17 that is currently being addressed. Apologies for the inconvenience. Please follow this thread for further updates.

Daniel Nolan
    Product Manager
    Redgate Software