Options

Column Picker grey out

suniblasunibla Posts: 2 New member
edited March 3, 2017 6:16AM in SQL Prompt
I must be missing something, an option, etc.: there are numerous occasions when the my Column Picker is greyed out when it is most logically the time to be used.
For instance, if I type: "Select dbo.MyTable.", the suggestion box appears with the list of columns, but the Column Picker is disabled.

If I pick a column and add the "From dbo.MyTable" clause, then go back to finish picking columns, it is available. This is nuts. Anytime there are tables "TableName.", this should be available.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    James RJames R Posts: 104 Silver 4
    Hi sunibla,

Thanks for your feedback!
    I agree, the current functionality disabling the column picker after qualifying the table name doesn't make much sense.

I've logged this as an issue and will let you know when it's been fixed.

Thanks,
    James
    Software Engineer
    Redgate Software
  • Options
    rbricenorbriceno Posts: 2 New member
    Hi,

We just installed SQL Prompt version 8.0.8.2086 and are experiencing the same issue of Column Picker grey out. We can see all the columns in the column list but can not cherry pick them since we cannot access the picker. Any updates on this issue?
  • Options
    rbricenorbriceno Posts: 2 New member
    After writing the SELECT statement again with "*" first, and then deleting the "*" with backspace, then SPACE bar, the column picker was available. Not sure why it did not work before but it is working now. Thanks!
  • Options
    ipisorsipisors Posts: 1 New member
    This is ridiculous.  How many sql developers don't use table aliases in their queries?  Zero?  Then who benefits from the SQL prompt's intellisense?  Also zero?  Surely I am missing something for a $1500 product, this is close to unbelievable.