Annoying bug with diff window

Just me, or can you not unselect an entity to sync without it showing me the difference between source and target?
Tagged:

Best Answer

• way0utwestway0utwest Posts: 313 Rose Gold 1
    The difference pane shows the differences since you can view them without actually selecting the object. When you select the "row", the differences are shown. That way you can decide what is happening with the object.

As Jessica mentioned, CTRL+click will go a little quicker.

Answers

• Does nobody else get this?
    If you untick an entity (if you don't want to deploy it) I would expect it simply to be unselect, instead it also opens details of the differences. Very annoying if you need to unselect a lot of entities. This cannot be desired behaviour, surely?
  • Jessica RJessica R Posts: 1,319 Rose Gold 4
    Hi @nick_pointone,

Thanks for your post!

This is the intended behavior at the moment and there isn't a way to disable it, I'm sorry to say.

Just to confirm--is the loading of the SQL differences pane causing a slow down for you? Can you please add a feature request for a disable option here: https://redgate.uservoice.com/forums/141379-sql-compare and include your feedback?

One thing that may help for now (though I know it's not ideal): SQL Compare can't show multiple differences in the difference pane, so if you hold down CTRL while you deselect differences, that will stop the differences pane from loading.

Jessica Ramos | Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?

• Thats intended behaviour?!
    Thats bizarre, not only is it not standard Windows behaviour, but its also very annoying