How to schedule running of database scripts

ineoineo Posts: 1 New member
We are evaluating your tool for a couple of reasons: ease of running scripts against several databases in production and automating the running of scripts. We run updates against our production systems every 2 weeks off-hours. I like the tool's ability to select the databases that are updated. I was wondering what capability you have with scheduling. I didn't see anything along this line but wondering if I missed something.

Comments

• Hi Ineo,

Sadly there is no API, SDK or Command Line Interface with SQL Multi Script to automate or schedule the running of the SQL Scripts you wish to execute overnight or in quiet periods.

Therefore, I have added the details of this call to an existing enhancement request to provide scheduling to SQL Multi Script, whose reference is SE-643. Hopefully you will this this feature in a future version of SQL Multi Script, but I cannot guarantee that this will occur or what future version it will appear in.
    Kind regards,
    Dan Bainbridge
    Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software
  • DangitCarl17DangitCarl17 Posts: 1 New member
    Has a CLI been added? Can't find where to look at SE-643.
  • MichaelSpMichaelSp Posts: 1 New member
    I'm guessing this utility is only of use to a small percentage of the population, because even its comments are few and far between, let along updates or added features. Currently, some licensing error has rendered it useless for me, despite all of the other apps included in Toolbelt working fine.