v5.8.0.6413 Finding changes that don't exist

Hello,

Latest release seems to find changes which don't exist. Anyone else seeing this?
Tagged:

Comments

• Hi,

I am very sorry to hear that.

Could you please be more specific?
    What sort of changes are you seeing?
    Is this happening in the commit tab or get latest tab?
    What sort of operations leaded you to see incorrect changes?
    What version of SSMS and SQL Server are you using?
    What version control system are you using?

If this problem is blocking you and you need a more personalised look at the problem, I invite you to get in contact with support.

Thanks,
    Andrea
    Andrea Angella
    Lead Software Engineer | Red Gate
    Twitter: @angella_andrea
  • caliqcaliq Posts: 3 New member
    Yes see my post here https://forum.red-gate.com/discussion/81354/ignore-whitespace-not-working-in-5-7-6-6321-and-later#latest

I am suddenly getting differences on upper/lower case keywords despite having it set to ignore. I have some differences in the list where both sides are identical. This is in the commit tab

Using SSMS 17.1, latest SQL, filesystem based source control
  • jsreynolds1jsreynolds1 Posts: 82 Silver 1
    Hello,

Since the upgrade to v5.8.0.6413, I'm seeing procedures show up which effectively have no changes - you can see it on the left hand side where a flag is supposed to show with the difference - nothing there.

I scripted out the db version and compared to what is in the file system using beyond compare - no changes.

vahvija9tlgj.png
  • Jessica RJessica R Posts: 1,319 Rose Gold 4
    Thanks for your post and sorry to hear you're running into an issue!

Can you please first try:
    - Updating to today's frequent release, 5.8.1.6443, to be sure the problem isn't fixed in that version (Help>Check for updates)
    - Unlinking and relinking your database

Should neither help, however, can you please send a zipped copy of the Working Base and Transient Folders of your database? You can get these from Setup tab when you click Show on the Under the hood section. (Please make note of which is the working base and which is the transient.) Can you please send these to support@red-gate.com with "Working base and Transient folders for #94202"

Thank you!

Jessica Ramos | Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?

• jsreynolds1jsreynolds1 Posts: 82 Silver 1
    Jessica,

I updated to latest as recommended. No change. I then un-linked and re-linked the database.
    Now what is different is it shows a conflict on the file that it did not before. From what I can see, the two files are identical.

Before I zip up folders of my git repo and send, what kind of data am I sending to you please?
  • Jessica RJessica R Posts: 1,319 Rose Gold 4
    Hi @jsreynolds1,

Sorry to hear that didn't help!

The Working Base and Transient Folders contain the database scripts that SQL Source Control uses as part of its comparison process. For more on this, please see here: http://documentation.red-gate.com/display/SOC5/How+SQL+Source+Control+works+behind+the+scenes

Jessica Ramos | Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?