ReadyRoll Core VS 2017 TFS build OctoPack fails to nuget push due to -s instead of -Source

Hi, we are trying to use ReadyRoll Core as part of VS 2017 and getting issue with OctoPack which is using –s instead of –Source during nuget.exe push and end up with a broken build, can you please let us know if this is a known issue or how can we fix it before going with Pro version??
Tagged:

Comments

• looks like it is the issue with OctoPack.targets:

<Message Text="Publish to repository: $(OctoPackPublishPackageToHttp)" Condition="'$(OctoPackPublishPackageToHttp)' != ''" Importance="Normal" />
    <Exec Command='"$(OctoPackNuGetExePath)" push "@(OctoPackBuiltPackages)&quot; $(OctoPackPublishApiKey) -s $(OctoPackPublishPackageToHttp) $(OctoPackNuGetPushProperties)' Condition="'$(OctoPackPublishPackageToHttp)' != ''" />

=>

<Message Text="Publish to repository: $(OctoPackPublishPackageToHttp)" Condition="'$(OctoPackPublishPackageToHttp)' != ''" Importance="Normal" />
    <Exec Command='"$(OctoPackNuGetExePath)" push "@(OctoPackBuiltPackages)&quot; $(OctoPackPublishApiKey) -Source $(OctoPackPublishPackageToHttp) $(OctoPackNuGetPushProperties)' Condition="'$(OctoPackPublishPackageToHttp)' != ''" />
  • "c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Enterprise\MSBuild\ReadyRoll\octopack\tools\OctoPack.targets"
  • Thank you for reporting that issue. I've been able to reproduce the error and have raised a defect to have this resolved (#637), as it appears to have been fixed in a later OctoPack release.

I'll let you know as soon as I have an ETA for the fix. In the meantime, a workaround would be to manually edit the OctoPack.targets on the build agent to correct the NuGet.exe syntax as you've pointed out.

Daniel Nolan
    Product Manager
    Redgate Software