Options

Suppress Compare Errors

fraudh8erfraudh8er Posts: 18
edited October 6, 2004 7:37AM in SQL Compare Previous Versions
Is there a way to suppress erros on an SYNC. I am doing a synch everytime I get an error, I have to go back and deal with it and run the compare again. Is there a way to suppress the errors and then get a report of the problems after the sync is done. It is rolling back the databases when it gives me a error.

Thank you
"On the Road of Life there are Passengers and Drivers, Which Are You....?"

Comments

• Options
    Could you let me know what errors you are getting? SQL Compare shouldn't normally generate any errors.

- Neil
    - Neil Davidson
    Red Gate Software Ltd
  • Options
    This is Error Number One

This is Error Number Two

This is Error Number Three:

The following error message was returned from the SQL Server:

[515] Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'SDate', table 'SSLeSueurCopy.dbo.Jail_Record_Suicide'; column does not allow nulls. UPDATE fails.

The following SQL command caused the error:

ALTER TABLE [dbo].[Jail_Record_Suicide] DROP
    COLUMN [ID]
    ALTER TABLE [dbo].[Jail_Record_Suicide] ALTER COLUMN [Jail_ID] [int] NOT NULL
    ALTER TABLE [dbo].[Jail_Record_Suicide] ALTER COLUMN [SDate] [datetime] NOT NULL
    ALTER TABLE [dbo].[Jail_Record_Suicide] ALTER COLUMN [STime] [datetime] NOT NULL

This is Error Number Four

[515] Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'ID', table 'SSLeSueurCopy.dbo.tmp_rg_xx_IR_Statement'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails.

INSERT INTO [dbo].[tmp_rg_xx_IR_Statement]([Case_ID], [Case_Number], [SSQ], [SDate], [STime], [SLocation], [SName], [DOB], [Age], [SSN], [SAddress], [SCity], [SState], [SZip], [SPhone], [SEmployer], [Officer], [Officer_ID], [SNarrative], [Complete_Date], [Complete_Time], [WitnessA], [WitnessB], [MNI_No], [SType]) SELECT [Case_ID], [Case_Number], [SSQ], [SDate], [STime], [SLocation], [SName], [DOB], [Age], [SSN], [SAddress], [SCity], [SState], [SZip], [SPhone], [SEmployer], [Officer], [Officer_ID], [SNarrative], [Complete_Date], [Complete_Time], [WitnessA], [WitnessB], [MNI_No], [SType] FROM [dbo].[IR_Statement]

This is Error Number Five

[515] Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'UCR_CHECK_ID', table 'SSLeSueurCopy.dbo.tmp_rg_xx_List_Box_UCR_Check'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails.

INSERT INTO [dbo].[tmp_rg_xx_List_Box_UCR_Check]([ERRORDER]) SELECT [ErrOrder] FROM [dbo].[List_Box_UCR_Check]

The following messages were returned from the SQL Server:

Error Six

[515] Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'Action', table 'SSLeSueurCopy.dbo.tmp_rg_xx_Menu_List'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails.

INSERT INTO [dbo].[tmp_rg_xx_Menu_List]([ID], [ReportName], [ReportType], [Report_Description], [City], [State], [User_Level], [PreFunction], [Identifier], [Order]) SELECT [ID], [ReportName], [ReportType], [Report_Description], [City], [State], [User_Level], [PreFunction], [Identifier], [Order] FROM [dbo].[Menu_List]
  • Options
    Are you adding columns which are marked as NOT NULL here? If you are, then you should specify a default so SQL Server knows what values to insert.
    - Neil Davidson
    Red Gate Software Ltd
  • Options
    So know I know which columns in which tables are causing the problem. I cannot set the coumns in the tables to allow NUlls because they are Primary Keys. Can I tell the program to disregard just that field in that table. Or would I have to do this via editing the escript.

Thank you Neil
  • Options
    Can you specify a DEFAULT value for those columns?
    - Neil Davidson
    Red Gate Software Ltd
  • Options
    This issue has been resolved, Thank you. But I would like to know if you company is aware of a program that will do what this program does for MS Access Mdb's. Thank you, you can email me directly if you would like.
  • Options
    Sorry, I'm not aware of any product for Access.
    - Neil Davidson
    Red Gate Software Ltd
This discussion has been closed.