Latest stable build of SQL Prompt is 8.0.11.2296 (06th September)

Tom CrossmanTom Crossman Posts: 4 Bronze 1
edited September 6, 2017 3:49PM in SQL Prompt
Download

What's new?

This build of SQL Prompt includes these improvements:

• SP-6580 : Fix Azure active directory universal authentication not working in SSMS 17.2.
  • SP-6590 : Prevent SQL Prompt Pro being shown as SQL Prompt Core in Visual Studio.

See the full release notes for full details

Feedback

If you find any issues with this release, please post them on this forum.

If you have any suggestions for improvements, please post them on our suggestions forum so other users can vote for them.

Comments

• JacksonJackson Posts: 5 Bronze 1
    not found “RedGate.SqlPrompt.ScriptDomInterop, Version=8.0.0.1203, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7f465a1c156d4d57
  • Russell DRussell D Posts: 1,324 Diamond 5
    Hi @Jackson , are you using SSMS 2008 R2 (or earlier)? We no longer support these versions if so.
    Have you visited our Help Centre?
  • Using this version I'm getting "master failed to load error" notification. The exception is "Index was outside the bounds of the array." on a fresh Sql Server 2017 Database. The intellisense is not working, but SQL Search is working correctly.
    Here are the details from SSMS 2017
    Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio 14.0.17099.0
    Microsoft Analysis Services Client Tools 14.0.513.48
    Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) 10.0.15063.0
    Microsoft MSXML 3.0 4.0 6.0
    Microsoft Internet Explorer 9.11.15063.0
    Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0.30319.42000
    Operating System 6.3.15063
  • James RJames R Posts: 104 Silver 4
    Hi @jackdoh ,

Sorry you're having this problem. Although SQL Prompt doesn't currently support suggestions from SQL Server 2017, we're planning to have support added in our next release in the next few days.

Sorry about it until then!

Thanks,
    Software Engineer
    Redgate Software
  • peshaferpeshafer Posts: 8 New member
    Hello,
    Just installed 8.0.2.1508, now do not have SQL prompts nor native intellisense. Have restarted SMSS to no avail. Is a reboot required?

Thanks
    Found part of the problem was that auto-list members and parameter information were unchecked:
    https://dba.stackexchange.com/questions/6145/intellisense-not-working-but-it-is-enabled
    But still SQL Prompt is not working.
  • Adam_RoweAdam_Rowe Posts: 1
    edited June 12, 2017 9:34AM
    I lost all of my saved query tabs after updating, prompts weren't working, and the shift-F5 shortcut stopped working (despite still being correctly mapped in the options). Had to uninstall and roll back to 7.5 and now my old tabs are back and shortcuts and prompts are working again.
    Hi @peshafer,

Thanks for your post. If you're using SSMS 2008R2 then unfortunately SQL Prompt v8 is no longer supported, but you can upgrade for free here . If you're not using 2008 then let me know and we'll look into this issue more :)

Regards,
    James
    Software Engineer
    Redgate Software
    Thanks James,
    I'm using 2016:
    Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio 13.0.16106.4
    Microsoft Analysis Services Client Tools 13.0.1700.441
    Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) 6.1.7601.17514
    Microsoft MSXML 3.0 5.0 6.0
    Microsoft Internet Explorer 9.11.9600.18665
    Operating System 6.1.7601

I rebooted this morning but snippets still not working and the extended intellisense it not showing.

Thanks if you can advise.
    Hi again @peshafer ,

Thanks for the information. If you haven't yet, could you try uninstalling and reinstalling version 8.0.2?

Regards,
    James
    Software Engineer
    Redgate Software
    Thanks James. I uninstalled, then re-installed the 8.0.2.1508 package. Closed and reopened SMSS...still no prompts.
    :( I'm sorry to hear that. I'll log your issue here and we'll look into it over the next few days. Just a bit more information, what version of SQL Prompt did you upgrade from?

I suggest trying to re-install an older version of Prompt so that you can at least use something (if you don't have an installer I can send you one).

Sorry I can't be of more help!
    James
    Software Engineer
    Redgate Software
    Thanks James. I installed v 7.1...still no prompts! if you want to send me a version that might work, that would be great.
    Hello,
    Can you please send an installer that I can try? I've gone back to v6.5 but nothing works.

Thank you.
    Hi @peshafer ,

I've created a ticket with support for you here https://redgatesupport.zendesk.com/agent/tickets/91630. They'll handle it from here, hopefully they'll have more success than I have!

Regards,
    James
    Software Engineer
    Redgate Software
  • Jessica RJessica R Posts: 1,319 Rose Gold 4
    Just a quick update on @peshafer's issue: we reinstalled the latest version which made the SQL Prompt menu visible again. We then activated the tool (SQL Prompt>Manage license) to get the functionality working again.

Jessica Ramos | Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?

• EricFEricF Posts: 2 Bronze 2
    edited August 30, 2017 10:24PM
    This update just removed SQL Prompt from SSMS. During install I get a prompt asking to browse to SQL Prompt_8.0.8.2086_x86.msi, but it should be using SQL Prompt_8.0.10.2247_x86.msi. Now I'm unable to install or uninstall SQL Prompt.

Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio 14.0.17177.0
    Microsoft Analysis Services Client Tools 14.0.806.134
    Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) 10.0.10586.0
    Microsoft MSXML 3.0 4.0 6.0
    Microsoft Internet Explorer 9.11.10586.0
    Operating System 6.3.10586
  • Downloaded and installed with no issues to report.
    "Leadership Through Service"
  • EricFEricF Posts: 2 Bronze 2
    Red Gate support was able to quickly help. It turned out that the previous installation before the upgrade was corrupt.