Beta feature for SQL Compare - Summary view

The latest frequent update of SQL Compare (12.4.0.4551) adds the Summary view – a new way to visualize the differences between database objects:

ub6hxdl23cgt.png

Unlike the SQL view, which displays the whole creation script for the object in the source and target databases, the Summary view shows you only what’s different. We hope this will make it easier to understand the differences between objects.

To get the latest frequent update, in SQL Compare, go to Help > Configure frequent updates and select the Show Frequent Update releases in Check For Updates checkbox. After clicking OK, you will be prompted to install the latest version of SQL Compare.

To get to the Summary view, click on a difference in the comparison results grid and then click on the Summary view tab:

gaay2z6fdawl.gif

Currently the Summary view only displays differences for tables and we’d love to know which other object types you’d like it to work with. We’d like to make the Summary view as useful as possible so please post on this forum to let us know how we can improve it.

Cheers
Harry

Comments

• We’d like to make the Summary view as useful as possible so please post on this forum to let us know how we can improve it.

I checked it out a couple days ago and I already love it. The only thing I wanted right away was for the Summary View to remain the selected view as I click different tables.