No activity history after 9.0.3.53 upgrade

PDinCAPDinCA Posts: 642 Silver 1
edited May 18, 2017 8:17PM in SQL Backup
Even though I can clearly see, and read, all the log files in C:\ProgramData\Red Gate\SQL Backup\Log\(local)\, the UI, despite several Exit-Start attempts REFUSES to show a SINGLE Activity entry

This is wholly unacceptable, especially when we just received an alert that a SQL Backup job on that PRODUCTION box just failed!

Jesus Christ: Lunatic, liar or Lord?
Decide wisely...

Comments

• Hi there, Sorry to see that you've been having some problems. Just to be clear, is this SQL Backup V9.0.3?
    Can you send me your log files perhaps with a screen shot of the GUI, to david.connell at red-gate.com?
    Best regards
    David
  • PDinCAPDinCA Posts: 642 Silver 1
    edited May 18, 2017 8:34PM
    Hi David,

Sorry about the build confusion, after you've updated 18 boxes, numbers tend to jumble.

The log file has hardly anything, so it's barely worth the email:

04:08:55.435|Info |Logging |1 |Current Logging levels enabled: Warning,Fatal,Error

UI image emailed. I confirmed that all scheduled backups are still running, and the activity log files are also being produced, and are readable, in the folder that the Server Options refer to.
    Decide wisely...
    I just NUKED 9.0.3 completely, then reinstalled it, including wiping the activity cache (folder)..

STILL NO ACTIVITY HISTORY

How do I DEMAND a DROP-DEAD fix?
    Decide wisely...
    THE FIX FOR THIS:

There is a BUG in the way the long-established "Import NATIVE backup history" is now handled. It NO LONGER applies to NATIVE only, it is now ALL BACKUPS!

You have to:
    1. DELETE the Server
    2. Add the same server back - Choose "ALL" for the NATIVE import (!)
    3. Wait EONS for the Activity History to be populated. (It took FIFTEEN MINUTES for me! - T-Log backups on 2 databases every 5 minutes with a history of 30 days)

IMO, this needs a fix BEFORE 9.1, because folks innocently/ill-advisedly updating to 9.0.3.53, because it is "relentlessly tested", are likely to be faced with this same horror.

1 server back, 17 to go... Good luck y'all.
    Decide wisely...