SmartAssembly does not fully obfuscate dll files

ImcoolImcool Posts: 6 New member
edited May 8, 2017 4:46PM in SmartAssembly
I'm trying to protect my Unity DLL file but don't know why this program won't fully obfuscate it. The classes and methods in root directory are still plain

222ux9l0x64l.png

gn7eu46mdpwx.png

My configuration

19swe2vyg4u0.png

Tagged:

Comments

• Jessica RJessica R Posts: 1,319 Rose Gold 4
    Thanks for your post and sorry to hear you're running into some trouble with SmartAssembly!

SmartAssembly will automatically exclude any public members from dlls to make sure that other assemblies can still call on those members. Just to confirm, are the classes and methods that aren't being obfuscated public members? (For other reasons that SmartAssembly may exclude code, kindly take a look here.)

Jessica Ramos | Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?

• ImcoolImcool Posts: 6 New member
    This is stupid. My useful are stored in the root directory. They can still modify my program
  • Jessica RJessica R Posts: 1,319 Rose Gold 4
    Hi @Imcool, so sorry if the tool doesn't meet your needs!

We have a request for the ability to force obfuscation on public types in DLLs (SA-1569) and I've +1'd this, but I want to be honest that this isn't in the road map at the moment. The only workaround would be to move the important bits of code into private members that can be obfuscated.

So sorry again as I know that's not ideal. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Jessica Ramos | Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?