Options

Upgrade to 8.4.1.527 UI loses visibility of in-flight backup

PDinCAPDinCA Posts: 642 Silver 1
edited February 21, 2017 9:32AM in SQL Backup
Just update the UI after it gave me the blue-banner notification. UI updated just fine, but as there was a large tran-log backup in flight, the server components couldn't be updated.

The UI "In Progress" shows "nothing doing..."

SQL Agent has two tran-log backups executing.

Not a satisfactory UI update, IMO.

"Refresh connection" at the server-level done. UI restarted. Still nothing going on...
Jesus Christ: Lunatic, liar or Lord?
Decide wisely...
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    Hi PDinCA,

Thanks for posting on the Redgate forums.

What is the current status of this?

Reading through I think the problem was you couldn't upgrade the components due to a Tran-log job being in progress but you couldn't see this in the GUI. Have you been able to upgrade the server components?
    Kind regards,
    Dan Bainbridge
    Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software
  • Options
    PDinCAPDinCA Posts: 642 Silver 1
    The xp components appear to have been registered, so I had to uninstall everything to get the UI and the server components to see each other.

I'm back in business, but ideally I shouldn't have found myself having to uninstall-reinstall, especially when the upgrade was on the same server as the SQB Service. Something should have said "WAIT!"
    Jesus Christ: Lunatic, liar or Lord?
    Decide wisely...
  • Options
    Hi PDinCA,

Apologies for the delay in responding.

We are currently looking into a bug fix to stop this happening in the future. I will update here when I get some further information on this.
    Kind regards,
    Dan Bainbridge
  • Options
    Hi PDinCA,

This issue should be resolved in the latest version of SQL backup 9. So you shouldn't see this again.

Please do let me know if this is not the case.
    Kind regards,
    Dan Bainbridge