SQL Prompt Core - VS 2017 Enterprise Intellisense not working

mpaulus@n2y.commpaulus@n2y.com Posts: 3
edited April 13, 2017 3:44PM in SQL Prompt
I'm trying to use the version of SQL prompt included with VS 2017 Enterprise (Core version 7.4.1.767).

When I connect to my azure database using AD Password authentication, I don't get any intellisense.

The Cannot open server "domain.com" requested by the login error is misleading or maybe the problem, it is using the domain name from my ad password account in the error talking about the server. If I download SQL Prompt Pro trial, it works. It seems there is a bug in the core product?

I get an error in the log:

22 Mar 2017 20:17:13,938 [40] WARN RedGate.SqlPrompt.Cache.Candidates.ServerCandidate - Failed to load server xxx.database.windows.net
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): Cannot open server "domain.com" requested by the login. The login failed.
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds..ctor(DbConnectionPoolIdentity identity, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, SqlCredential credential, Object providerInfo, String newPassword, SecureString newSecurePassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance, SqlConnectionString userConnectionOptions, SessionData reconnectSessionData, DbConnectionPool pool, String accessToken, Boolean applyTransientFaultHandling)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOptions options, DbConnectionPoolKey poolKey, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionOptions userOptions)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreateNonPooledConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionPoolGroup poolGroup, DbConnectionOptions userOptions)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.TryGetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, TaskCompletionSource`1 retry, DbConnectionOptions userOptions, DbConnectionInternal oldConnection, DbConnectionInternal& connection)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionInternal.TryOpenConnectionInternal(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory, TaskCompletionSource`1 retry, DbConnectionOptions userOptions)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.TryOpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory, TaskCompletionSource`1 retry, DbConnectionOptions userOptions)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.TryOpenInner(TaskCompletionSource`1 retry)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.TryOpen(TaskCompletionSource`1 retry)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open()
at RedGate.SqlPrompt.Cache.Candidates.ServerCandidate.IsContainedOrRestrictedDatabase(ConnectionProperties cp)
at RedGate.SqlPrompt.Cache.Candidates.ServerCandidate.LoadDatabaseContainment()
at RedGate.SqlPrompt.Cache.Candidates.ServerCandidate.LoadServer()
ClientConnectionId:8105171e-2a06-45ea-bc76-84d3c3cab4bb
Error Number:40532,State:1,Class:20

Comments

• Hi mpaulus,

Thank you for reporting this, we have fixed the build in the latest version of SQL Prompt Pro.

With SQL Prompt Core, we have to go through additional testing before release, but the fix will definitely be available in the next version.

Best wishes,

Michael Clark
    Technical Lead, SQL Prompt
    Michael Clark
    Technical Lead, SQL Monitor
  • I just upgraded today to 7.4.1.1025 with high hopes that this would solve the issue based on your feedback, it didn't. Same error.