Options

Deployment (Not Responding)

webrageouswebrageous Posts: 2
edited March 13, 2017 11:08PM in SQL Data Compare
Over the last week I've tried to run a data comparison between two databases on two different servers - sometimes it completes, other times it becomes non-responsive and my memory/cpu usage is through the roof. Other times, I get the comparison to finalize, but the deployment becomes "not responding" with high memory/cpu usage, finally I tried just saving the deployment script and executing from SSMS, but just trying to save the script would turn into "not responding" with high memory/cpu usage.

I have a brand new Windows 10 machine with a 500GB hard drive and 16 GB of RAM. I wouldn't expect this to be a problem.

Any thoughts on how to get my data deployed?

Comments

• Options
    Hey Webrageous,

Thanks for contacting us and sorry you are having this issue!
    It depends on how much data you are comparing/deploying - if you watch the amount of disk space it takes up you can see whether that is a limiting factor, or perhaps you are on an older version of SQL Data Compare that is not 64 bit (I recommend using the latest version- v12).

Here is some more info on improving performance http://documentation.red-gate.com/display/SDC12/Getting+better+performance+out+of+SQL+Data+Compare

Also if the script is large enough to have issues deploying with SQL Data Compare - you probably will not be able to deploy it using SSMS - it is still 32 bit so it cannot handle large scripts (most text editors cannot handle very large scripts actually).

I hope that helps!

Warm Regards,
    Andrew Pierce
    Technical Sales Engineer
    Redgate Software