SQLSearch Stopped working with SSMS2016 13.0.1.16100.1

btempletonbtempleton Posts: 3
edited February 24, 2017 1:15PM in SQL Search
I upgraded to the latest monthly release of SSMS 2016 and now SQLSearch does not work, the boxes to the right of the Exact Match checkbox are all grayed out. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall, but no use.
Still works in SSMS 2008R2 and SSMS 2014

Windows 10 Pro

Comments

  • Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,704 Rose Gold 5
    Hi, thank you for your forum post.

    Is this a completely new install of SSMS 2016? I ask this question as I have just upgraded from V13.0.16000.28 to V13.0.16100.1 of SSMS 2016 and do not experience the reported problem.

    The boxes background colour is gray, is there any drop down that will allow you select the object types, database name and server host name?

    What version of SQL Search are you using?

    Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: [email protected]
  • Very odd occurance with this, it is working now. I am wondering if because I checked it in other versions of SSMS if that reset things or something?

    BTW -- it was not a new install of SSMS 2016, but was the latest monthly upgrade.
  • Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,704 Rose Gold 5
    Hi, thank you for your reply and excellent news all is now working.

    I am unable to replicate the problem and therefore do not have an explanation as to why it has occurred. Sorry.
    Eddie Davis
    Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: [email protected]
  • Hi, I have the same issue. The boxes to the right of the Exact Match checkbox are all grayed out. I upgraded to SSMS 13.0.16106.4.
  • TommTomm Posts: 1 New member
    I did a new install today of SSMS2016 13.0.1.16100.1 and SQLSearch does not appear in the toolbar. I uninstalled both SQL Search 2 and SSMS Integration Pack Framework 1, downloaded the latest version and installed it without success.
  • I had the same problem on a new SSMS 2016 installation. In my case the object & database dropdown were disabled because I use Encrypted Connection. If you disable the encrypted connection, it will work, although you may not want this if you are connecting to an external server.
Sign In or Register to comment.