Any decent disassembly tutorials?

XeroxBytesXeroxBytes Posts: 2
edited February 10, 2017 9:28PM in .NET Reflector Previous Versions
I've browse through a couple of the pages already and cannot seem to find a tutorial on net assembly decompiling for visual studio 2015.

If anybody has a good tutorial link that will actually allow me to decompile assembly into a real working project please let me know... Starting to seem as if this net reflector isn't what it says it is.

Every time I decompile and debug files go missing with millions of errors LOL.

Comments

• Jessica RJessica R Posts: 1,319 Rose Gold 4
    Hi and thanks for your post!

The export source code option (https://documentation.red-gate.com/disp ... ource+code) can provide a helpful start when you've lost source code and need to rebuild, but the intended purposes for .NET Reflector are for decompiling and debugging, and so the code regeneration is not perfect and you may unfortunately find a number of compile errors in the exported code.

Please note though--if you are seeing many invalid characters similar to "<>c__DisplayClass5 class2", this is due to using pdb symbols for compiler generated code. You can avoid these by unchecking the "Show PDB symbols" option under Tools>Options>Disassembler and then exporting again--this allows Reflector create new valid names for those variables.

For any other compile errors though, you'll unfortunately have to manually edit the code as needed. So sorry to not have a better answer at the moment!

Jessica Ramos | Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?