Invalid Windows Installer Package (from 6.0.17 and up)

eteunisseeteunisse Posts: 19 Bronze 1
edited February 7, 2017 6:13AM in SQL Monitor 6
I am running version 6.0.16.6503. I tried to upgrade to version 6.0.17 (few weeks ago) and now trying to install version 6.0.18, but I keep getting the message:
This installation package could not be openend. Verify that the package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer package.

This happend during installation. Afterwards I need to uninstall everything and reinstall version 6.0.16.
I'm running it on a Windows 2008R2 server, SQL 2014.

Comments

• janklajankla Posts: 4 New member
    I also experience install issue. Downloaded 6.0.18 today (31-1-2017) and get error message: Failed to run SQL monitor Web error 0x80070057. retried download several times.
  • Hi eteunisse,

Your error is regarding running the SQL Monitor Base Monitor. The best way to proceed would be to uncheck the base monitor from the initial installer and just install the web component. When the install has finished you can then navigate to C:Program FilesRed GateSQL MonitorWebWebsiteDownload and run the SQLMonitorBaseMonitorInstaller.exe which will install the base monitor.

Please do let me know how you get on with this.

Jankla,

Your error is a bit different. This error is usually caused by permissions issues, please make sure that you are installing using an account with Administrator rights and review Windows Event Viewer (Windows Logs -> Applications) to determine the cause.

Please do let me know if you need any further assistance with this.
    Kind regards,
    Dan Bainbridge
    Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software
  • eteunisseeteunisse Posts: 19 Bronze 1
    Thanks Dan!
    I now am running 6.0.18.
    With your installation instruction I could install the new version.
    When I started the website the first time I still had to provide the servername and port. After that it works like always.
    Thanks again.

Is this something I have to do from now on, or will this be fixed in the next version?
  • Hi eteunisse,

Hopefully you don't see any more but people do see it occasionally.

It's caused by the base monitor .exe being blocked from something within windows. If this becomes a constant problem please do email support@red-gate.com so we can track how often this is occuring.
    Kind regards,
    Dan Bainbridge
    Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software