Options

All Redgate Tools missing in SSMS 2016

paulo29paulo29 Posts: 3 New member
edited January 30, 2017 5:44AM in SQL Prompt
Hi,

Firstly I apologise if this isn't the correct forum to raise this. I have just installed SSMS 2016 and I don't have access to any of the Redgate tools included in the SQL Developer Bundle. I have a Redgate option in my toolbars though nothing is displayed when I select this.

I also have SSMS 2008, SSMS 2012 & SSMS 2014 installed and this isn't an issue with any of these versions.

Has anybody else experienced this?

Thanks in advance!
Paul

Comments

• Options
    I haven't got the full bundle, only SQLPrompt but it's missing from SSMS 2016.
    SQLPrompt version is 7.3.0.775.
    SSMS version is 13.0.16106.4.

Again SQLPrompt works fine with older versions of SSMS on the same machine.

I tried the instructions to update the RedGate_SQLPrompt_CommonUI_Options_UIOptions.xml file that I found at viewtopic.php?f=169&t=80166 but no joy (even after a restart of my machine).

Some help from Redgate support would be greatly appreciated!
  • Options
    Hi paulo29

The SQL Prompt installer can only add SQL Prompt into the versions of SSMS that are present at the time. To install into SSMS 2016 you'll need to run the SQL Prompt installer after you install SSMS 2016. As you're on the latest version this may require you to uninstall SQL Prompt first.

Sorry for the inconvenience. Unfortunately we don't have a better way to do it at this time.

Harry
  • Options
    Thanks harryf. A re-install has sorted it for me.

It might be worth including a mention of this in the documentation as it's not obvious that the tools need to be installed after SSMS is already present.

Cheers
  • Options
    paulo29paulo29 Posts: 3 New member
    Thanks for your responses Deirdre & Harry.

I tried your suggestion Deirdre though it didn't work for me either. I have now done a full re-install of the developer bundle and now have everything working in SSMS 2016.

Thanks
    Paul