Options

Any way/plan to monitor SSAS instances as well?

EricLeBouffonEricLeBouffon Posts: 4 New member
edited January 27, 2017 9:04AM in SQL Monitor 6
Hi everyone, we are evaluating SQL Server monitoring tools and SQL Monitor 6 is looking extremely good.

One little thing though is that it does not seem to monitor SSAS Instances (we are interested in Tabular in particular).

Is there any plan to integrate SSAS monitoring?

If not, is there a way to get it somehow?
I don't know (yet) if the SQL Monitor architecture allows for extensions...

Or can you suggest tools that would cover the SSAS Side?

Thank You

PS: regardless of the answer, it's quite likely we'll go for SQL Monitor 6 anyhow
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    Hi Eric,

I'm afraid at this point in time we don't offer SSAS monitoring, but I've passed the feedback onto the team and we'll consider it for the future.
    Have you visited our Help Centre?
  • Options
    SmeckkelSmeckkel Posts: 1 New member
    Hi Russell/Team,

Two years later: same questions as Eric.

Is there any way to integrate SSAS monitoring?
    If not, is there a way to get it somehow?
    Or can you suggest tools that would cover the SSAS Side?

Thanks in advance!
    Stef
  • Options
    pingham1973pingham1973 Posts: 6 New member
    +1 I also think this would be useful.
  • Options
    Lee_BLee_B Posts: 1 Bronze 1
    +1 This would definitely be helpful.  I could have used it last week.  We had a power outage at one of our data centers. Even though the backup generator started, the transfer switch failed.   Power to the servers was restored prior to the network switches, so the SQL Instances didn't automatically start.  Using SQLMonitor we quickly determined which SQL instances had issues and could manually start the services.  Since we can't monitor SSAS, we discovered those instances having the same issue later.   If nothing else a tile on the Overview panel indicating basic metrics and the fact SQLMonitor can communicate.
  • Options
    HeroTheCatHeroTheCat Posts: 4 Bronze 2
    edited August 9, 2021 1:04PM
    +1

Are there any plans to add the monitoring of SSAS instances? Can you provide a timeline if so? As Lee_B stated, even a simple tile showing availability would be helpful.
  • Options
    joshv2510joshv2510 Posts: 1 New member
    +1 

From a BI stack perspective, this would complete this monitoring solution. Any updates on potentially adding this? Looking to get top SQL queries by database along with some information regarding table cardinality, memory usage, etc..

• Options

Hi Josh

There are no immediate plans for supporting SSAS. Currently the team are prioritising working on cross-db monitoring and adding SQL Server on Linux.

The following Uservoice suggestion is open for this, votes on these suggestions can help prioritise future features!
    https://sqlmonitor.uservoice.com/forums/91743-suggestions/suggestions/13797555-monitor-ssas-databases

Additional information on upcoming roadmap can be found below.
    https://www.red-gate.com/products/dba/sql-monitor/roadmap

Kind regards

Tom Claringbold | Redgate Software
    Have you visited our Help Center?