Options

New tables automatically selected (how to

KasperJensen123KasperJensen123 Posts: 2
edited February 22, 2017 9:22AM in SQL Data Compare
New tables existing in both source and target will automatically be selected for synchronization.
That is new in version 12 (well ... at least it was not like that in version 10 :) )

This is (at least for us ... must be for others too) a big problem if you do continuous integration based on the data compare template.
It means that data in the target gets overwritten 'by default' with data from the source system.
As a principle of caution I think the default should be the other way around (target is NOT overwritten by default, unless specifically selected).

Is there any way the revert to new tables NOT being included for synchronization (through an option somehow)?

Comments

• Options
    Yeah, I have, literally, the same problem and question. I was looking for an option that new tables will not be included for synchronization and I found nothing. I am starting to lose faith that such option exists. :/
  • Options
    Hi both,

We're looking into this behavior now. This was possible in V11 and earlier by using the `None` button on the mappings tabs and then manually selecting the tables you wanted to include in the comparison. In V12 we simplified the way that the actions you perform on the mappings tabs are stored in the project file - but it appears that in this process we've removed the ability to do this.

We're currently investigating if adding a new project option will be a suitable way of restoring this capability. I'll update this thread as I have further news.

Regards,
    David
    Software Engineer
    Redgate Software
  • Options
    We've released 12.2.0.4045 to our frequent updates channel, which hopefully resolves this problem by excluding new tables in the comparison if you have done a "clear all" operation. Does this work as you expected?
    Software Developer
    Redgate Software