User Interface Issues and a Question

jscottjscott Posts: 2
edited January 16, 2017 4:59AM in SQL Data Compare
Hi,

Issue 1:
I'm using SQL Data Compare 12.0.33.3389. I have noticed that trying to map columns in tables with a large number of columns is almost impossible. The scroll bar does not appear on the left side consistently and when it does it will not allow scrolling to the bottom of the list. It allows scrolling about 10 columns down and then just stops. I can click on the bottom column showing on the screen and sometimes scroll down using my arrow key but it also has inconsistent behavior. eventually I get to where I need to be but it takes awhile and is extremely frustrating. It's been several years since I've used the Redgate products and do not remember this being an issue in the past. Can it be fixed? I've tried expanding the screen to the full window without success.

Question:
I'm using SQL Data Compare to migrate an old database to a new version. I want to be able to select just the rows where the data exists in the old system/table but not in the new system. How do I do this? I can easily toggle to display the data I want but by default everything with differences is checked and I really don't want to go through and uncheck hundreds of rows manually and the reselect another hundred or so rows manually. Isn't there an option to delsect/select all based on the view you are in? Again, I don't remember this being an issue in the older version (2014 or so) and am thinking I have to just be missing something obvious.

Appreciate any help!
Thanks,
Jeanine

Comments