I can only sort descending

irisoftirisoft Posts: 13 Bronze 2
edited January 17, 2017 3:26AM in SQL Data Compare
Hi,

In the rows grid I can only sort the columns descending (by clicking on a column header). If I click again on the header it doesn't sort ascending as it should.
Also, in the table grid if I click on the Type header I get an application error. I don't really need to click there, but it's ugly to have errors.

Thank you.

Comments

• Thanks for the feedback. Sorry you're having trouble with sorting - I've reproduced that and logged a bug (SDC-2238) so we'll investigate that soon

I can't seem to reproduce the Type header application error, though. I tried creating a comparison with a table and view and clicking on the Type header appears to sort them correctly. Do you have any more information here that might be helpful?

Thanks,
  • irisoftirisoft Posts: 13 Bronze 2
    I didn't do anything special... Open SQL Data Compare 12.0.40.3714, selected 2 databases, compared them, and I click on the headers from the tables grid (I have only tables). Clicking on type header results in error, the rest behave correctly. The error is "Object reference not set to an instance of an object."
  • Ok, thanks for the extra information. Hopefully we can figure out what's going wrong with the object reference error as well.
  • We've just released version 12.1.2.3823 to our frequent updates channel, which contains a fix for this bug. Does it solve your problem?
    Software Developer
    Redgate Software
    Sorting by object type bug is fixed. Thanks.
    The sorting problem remains (I can only sort descending) ...
  • Sorry for the ambiguity - the fix we've released is SDC-2239, the crash when sorting the results by object type.

The fix for the ascending sort order is coming soon!
    Software Developer
    Redgate Software
  • We have a fix our latest frequent updates release which should allow sorting in both ascending and descending order. Thanks for the feedback!

Matthew Chandler
    Software Developer on SQL Compare and SQL Data Compare
    Matthew Chandler
    Software Developer on SQL Compare and SQL Data Compare
    It works. Thank you!