Options

v7.3.0.775 edit styles fails to load

jsreynolds1jsreynolds1 Posts: 82 Silver 1
edited January 13, 2017 11:55AM in SQL Prompt
Hello,

SSMS 13.0.16100.1
SQL Prompt 7.3.0.775
Windows 10 6.3.1493

Unable to edit styles any longer. Just locks up the interface of SSMS and I eventually have to kill the SSMS task.

Best,
--J

Comments

• Options
    Anu DAnu D Posts: 876 Silver 3
    Hi J,

Thanks for the post!

I am not able to replicate the issue.

I will email you and can you reply me with some screenshots and steps to replicate the issue?

Looking forward to hear from you!
    Anuradha Deshpande
    Product Support
    Redgate Software Ltd.
    E-mail: support@red-gate.com
  • Options
    Here is a video of it happening: https://youtu.be/5EOpHryGBv8

Eventually, after about 5 minutes, a Red-Gate error box pops open and states: "WPF child process didn't respond quickly enough" and asks to be submitted; I have just done so. Then, the edit styles screen appears, completely blank, and then another 5 min go by and then the same error, and then it disappears after I click OK.

Here is the error log:
    09 Jan 2017 16:20:47,752 [1] INFO RedGate.SQLQueryKeeper.TabWatcher - Query executed
    09 Jan 2017 16:21:00,135 [1] INFO RedGate.SQLQueryKeeper.TabWatcher - Query executed
    09 Jan 2017 16:21:12,237 [1] INFO RedGate.SQLQueryKeeper.TabWatcher - Query executed
    09 Jan 2017 16:22:02,104 [1] INFO RedGate.SQLQueryKeeper.TabWatcher - Document closing
    09 Jan 2017 16:22:02,107 [1] INFO RedGate.SQLQueryKeeper.TabWatcher - Closed document C:Users<redacted>AppDataLocalTemp~vsBE03.sql
    09 Jan 2017 16:22:02,122 [1] INFO RedGate.SQLQueryKeeper.TabWatcher - Window closing
    09 Jan 2017 16:22:05,414 [1] INFO RedGate.SQLQueryKeeper.TabWatcher - Document opened
    09 Jan 2017 16:22:05,991 [1] INFO RedGate.SqlPrompt.Cache.Candidates.DatabaseCandidateBase - [<redacted>].[master] loading skipped
    09 Jan 2017 16:25:13,756 [1] ERROR RedGate.SQLPrompt.CommonUI.Utils.ErrorDialog - Report error dialog shown
    System.ApplicationException: WPF child process didn't respond quickly enough
    at RedGate.AppHost.Server.StartProcessWithTimeout.WaitForReadySignal(EventWaitHandle signal)
    at RedGate.AppHost.Server.StartProcessWithTimeout.StartProcess(String assemblyName, String remotingId, Boolean openDebugConsole, Boolean monitorHostProcess)
    at RedGate.AppHost.Server.RemotedProcessBootstrapper.Create(String assemblyName, Boolean openDebugConsole, Boolean monitorHostProcess)
    at RedGate.AppHost.Server.ChildProcessFactory.Create(String assemblyName, Boolean openDebugConsole, Boolean is64Bit, Boolean monitorHostProcess)
    at Format.AppHost.Server.FormattingStylesWindow.SetContent()
    at Format.AppHost.Server.FormattingStylesWindow..ctor(String formattingStylesDirectory, String activeStyleName, String currentQuery)
    09 Jan 2017 16:27:30,904 [1] ERROR RedGate.SQLPrompt.CommonUI.Utils.ErrorDialog - Report error dialog shown
    System.ApplicationException: WPF child process didn't respond quickly enough
    at RedGate.AppHost.Server.StartProcessWithTimeout.WaitForReadySignal(EventWaitHandle signal)
    at RedGate.AppHost.Server.StartProcessWithTimeout.StartProcess(String assemblyName, String remotingId, Boolean openDebugConsole, Boolean monitorHostProcess)
    at RedGate.AppHost.Server.RemotedProcessBootstrapper.Create(String assemblyName, Boolean openDebugConsole, Boolean monitorHostProcess)
    at RedGate.AppHost.Server.ChildProcessFactory.Create(String assemblyName, Boolean openDebugConsole, Boolean is64Bit, Boolean monitorHostProcess)
    at Format.AppHost.Server.FormattingStylesWindow.SetContent()
    at Format.AppHost.Server.FormattingStylesWindow.ReloadContentToFixHighDpiMode(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
    Hi J,

Thanks for the post!

I am not able to replicate the issue.

I will email you and can you reply me with some screenshots and steps to replicate the issue?

Looking forward to hear from you!
  • Options
    Hi jsreynolds

Sorry you're having this issue. I think this version of SQL Prompt (http://download.red-gate.com/EAP/SQLPro ... .0.205.exe) should fix the problem.

Please let me know if that works for you.

Many thanks
    Harry
  • Options
    Harry,

I can confirm that the version you posted fixes the problem.

Thank you,

John
    harryf wrote:
    Hi jsreynolds

Sorry you're having this issue. I think this version of SQL Prompt (http://download.red-gate.com/EAP/SQLPro ... .0.205.exe) should fix the problem.

Please let me know if that works for you.

Many thanks
    Harry