IGNORE WHITE SPACE is not working in version 12.0.33.2289

rkhotrkhot Posts: 4 New member
edited January 4, 2017 10:58AM in SQL Compare
IGNORE WHITE SPACE is not working in version 12.0.33.2289.

There is absolutely NO difference in the stored procedure except for whitespace but I cannot seem to ignore it. How can I fix this ?

Thanks,
RK

Comments

• Hi Rahul,

There was an issues in SQL Compare 12.0.33 with the textual difference highlighting incorrectly marking white space as a difference in objects when the "ignore white space" option was set. This has been fixed in 12.0.39, which is available on our frequent updates channel and will be rolled into a default release soon.

This should not effect if the stored procedure is marked as different in the upper grid though. I'd be interested to know if the update resolves the issue and if not if you could get in contact with our support team (support@red-gate.com) so we can get some more details from you to reproduce the issue here.

Regards,
    David
    Software Engineer
    Redgate Software
  • rkhotrkhot Posts: 4 New member
    Thanks David.

Frequent update, 12.1 resolved the issue.
    Now I have another issue with 12.1. If there are WHITE SPACES inside the comment section then it is NOT IGNORED. It is showing as a difference.
    How do I fix this?

BTW, what an horrible way to release a new update. Version 12 is a disaster. How can someone pass QA with all BLUE colors...no difference contrast ...nothing. I am glad those yellow highlights are back in 12.1

Thanks,
    Rahul
  • Hi Rahul,

Thanks for your feedback. I've managed to reproduce the issue with comments and white space. I have made a fix and this should be included in the next frequent update of Compare. This will be available next week. The bug reference is SC-9167.

Regards,
    David
    Software Engineer
    Redgate Software
  • dshortdshort Posts: 10 Bronze 2
    I'm having the same issue with white space. This is with version 12.0.33.3389 Professional.
  • This issue should be resolved in the latest frequent update version of SQL Compare (12.1.1). You can enable frequent updates by following our guide here
    Software Engineer
    Redgate Software