Duplicate definiation for user

edited January 4, 2017 11:04AM in SQL Compare
While using SQL Compare 12, I am comparing 2 databases (QA against Production) and during the compare it fails with the error message:
"A dupluicate definiation was found for the user 'UserName*'. Ensure that case sensitivity options are set correctly and all object creation scripts are valid."
*I replaced the actual user name with UserName.

I tried doing the comparison in SQL Compare 11 and it works without issue. I tried setting the option "Use case-sensitive object definition" but this did not resolve the error.

Both instances are SQL Server 2008 R2.

Comments

• Hey Jculp,

Thanks for contacting us!
    First I would recommend updating to the latest version of Compare.
    If that does not work, would you mind sending in a screenshot of the error?

Thanks!
    Andrew Pierce
    Technical Sales Engineer
    Redgate Software
  • dshortdshort Posts: 10 Bronze 2
    I'm having the same issue with duplicate users. This is with version 12.0.33.3389 Professional. AFAIK this is the most recent version.

We do NOT experience this problem with an earlier release of version 12.

[img]Y:RedGateduplicateUser-2.jpg[/img]
  • We just upgraded to SQL Compare 12.0.33.3389 Standard yesterday and also see the same "duplicate definition was found for user XXXX"
    when we attempt to compare databases. This did not occur in the previous version. Any suggestions? It occurs when comparing against any databases between any machines. Thanks!
  • This issue should have been resolved in the latest version of the SQL Compare (12.1.0). If you're still experiencing issues on this version please let us know.
    Software Engineer
    Redgate Software
  • Just updated to SQL Compare 12.1 and the duplicate definition error has not appeared again.
    Thank you for the update.