Options

BUG:Web: 6.0.12.5986 - Multi-change Backup Overdue - No Days

PDinCAPDinCA Posts: 642 Silver 1
edited January 3, 2017 5:46AM in SQL Monitor 6
When selecting multiple databases under the "local" node for an instance, the UI appears to support being able to apply an Alert configuration change to all selected databases. While the page appears, there's no way I can see to poke it into dishing up the ""ALERT LEVEL AND THRESHOLD" controls, particularly the "Days" spinner and drop-down.

Use case:
    1. master, model, msdb, SSISDB, ReportServerDB - all "yell after 2 days without a full backup" 2. Application databases, where Full backups are run on Sunday and Diffs every night M-S, "yell after 8 days"
The UI allows me to change notification destination and "stop this" but nothing else.

Appears to be a bug...

(Would really appreciate a POLICY for "System Databases" and another for "Application Databases" and another for "Other Databases". We could then apply a Policy once for each set per instance - I have just Twenty to set up manually - and then we'd have a set-it-and-forget-it regimen whereby changing POLICY reflects on all databases. So easy!)
Jesus Christ: Lunatic, liar or Lord?
Decide wisely...

Comments

• Options
    Hi PDinCA,

Thanks for posting on the Redgate forums.

Apologies for the delay in responding to this one. A bug report has been raised with internal reference SRP-10927. I will update this post when I get some further information on this issue.
    Kind regards,
    Dan Bainbridge
    Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software
  • Options
    Hi PDinCA,

A fix has been merged ready for the next release, I will again update this post when this has been released.
    Kind regards,
    Dan Bainbridge
  • Options
    PDinCAPDinCA Posts: 642 Silver 1
    Thanks Dan. Merry Christmas!
    Jesus Christ: Lunatic, liar or Lord?
    Decide wisely...
  • Options
    Hi PDinCA,

Apologies for the delay in coming back to you. This was released in 6.0.16. If you are still seeing this after upgrading please do let me know.
    Kind regards,
    Dan Bainbridge