Issues with Win 2016 Cluster and SQL 2016 AG

klevsterklevster Posts: 2
edited November 14, 2016 8:01AM in SQL Monitor 6
Hi All,

Having troubles connecting our Windows Server 2016 cluster with SQL 2016 Availability Groups.

I'm able to add the cluster using it's full hostname, but then none of the cluster nodes are able to connect.

I've checked the logs on one node and are given:
11 Nov 2016 9:56 AM Registry OpenRegistryHive: PerformanceData Cannot connect Win32Exception The network path was not found
11 Nov 2016 9:56 AM ICMP PingWithRetry(1000, 5) Cannot connect IcmpPingFailedException ICMP ping failed with status: Unknown
11 Nov 2016 9:56 AM WMI OpenNamespace: rootcimv2 Cannot connect COMException The RPC server is unavailable. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800706BA)
11 Nov 2016 9:56 AM Registry OpenRegistryHive: LocalMachine Cannot connect Win32Exception The network path was not found

And yet from the server that has the Base monitor installed, I can ping and also connect to the remote registry using the same credentials specified in the cluster server setup.

Is there something I've missed?

It's as if the Base Monitor isn't using the correct server details to connect. I've also made sure that the Windows firewall on both cluster nodes allow the connections from the Base monitor server.

Note: This is cluster is not using AD. the cluster is set up to use a .local domain, which the full hostname has been added to the HOSTS file on the Base monitor server.
I've also added the hostnames of the two cluster nodes in the HOSTS file, just in case, still no dice.

Comments