Options

Manually reissue a check

YveauYveau Posts: 2
edited November 3, 2016 6:46AM in SQL Monitor 6
Hi,

I wonder if there is a possibility to re-issue a check of one of the built-in alerts.
The issue is that I got a "Fragmented Indexes" alert this weekend. I fixed it, at least I think I did ... but the next run of this metric will be next weekend. Until then I can only mark the alert as "cleared" or accept the fact that until next weekend this red server keeps drawing my attention in the overview screen.

I think the community is looking for one of the following options:
- manually re-issue the check for this metric ad hoc to make sure this alert is resolved.
- when marked "read", the alert is no longer coloring the server red in the overview (not really nice option though)

I'm aware of this thread of some time ago: https://forums.red-gate.com/viewtopic.php?f=87&t=16977&p=141521&hilit=redgate.response.engine.alerting+sql+monitor#p141521.
Unfortunately we still cannot use the GUI to see (or ultimately modify) the frequency or run times of the schedules of the default alerts.
Best option imh opinion is a "re-check now" button for any metric, so that we know for sure that the alert has been resolved or more attention is required for this issue.

Any ideas are welcome.
Ivo Beek

Comments

• Options
    Hi Yveau,

Thanks for posting on the Redgate forums.

Firstly can you confirm which version of SQL Monitor you are running? You can find this out on the configuration>about page.

After clearing all the alerts for a server on the overview page the server should go green without having to rerun any checks. It might be useful to have a screenshare session or share some screenshots if this is acceptable to you? We can take this off of the forums.
    Kind regards,
    Dan Bainbridge
    Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software