Query Plan Compiled Paremeters (Redacted?)

DonFergusonDonFerguson Posts: 196 Silver 5
edited January 4, 2017 1:34PM in SQL Monitor 6
Thinks for exposing the query plan compiled parameters within the query plan with release 6.0.7. This feature is extremely useful in detecting parameter sniffing issues. However, I was walking a non-administrative user through this feature and discovered that for the non-administrative user the compiled values are not exposed, instead they say redacted (oh boo!). While I can appreciate the reasoning for not exposing these values, I would like the ability to grant this option to users without making them an administrator. Can this be accomplished?

Comments

• Thanks for the feedback on SQM and for your suggestion.

I've created an enhancement request for you, SRP-10884. I can't guarantee that it included in a future release, but I will let you know when I get an update on it.
    Have you visited our Help Centre?
  • Alex BAlex B Posts: 1,131 Diamond 4
    Hi Donman,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this - there was a workflow issue on our end that we've addressed now.

The developers came back to us saying that unfortunately this is how the functionality is going to remain - the user will need to be made an administrator to view these details.

Kind regards,
    Alex
    Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?
  • DonFergusonDonFerguson Posts: 196 Silver 5
    Thanks for finally getting back to me. But I still have to say "Oh Boo". That's unfortunate as I want users to be able to identify parameter sniffing issues, but I don't want them to have the ability to change configuration.