Installed SSMS 16, Prompt 7.2.1.267 not showing

k7buoyk7buoy Posts: 6
edited September 30, 2016 4:03AM in SQL Prompt
Hi,

I have recently installed sql 2016 having previously worked on 2014 and I can not get SQL Prompt running in 2016.

No menu item, intellisense or any trace of it.

Could anyone advise of a step that I have missed? I have repaired but not uninstalled and re-installed the application.

Many thanks,

K7

Comments

• Aaron LAaron L Posts: 596 New member
    Hi K7,

SQL Prompt will only integrate into SSMS2016 if it's present when installing Prompt. If Prompt was already installed and SSMS2016 was installed over the top then it won't be integrated unfortunately.

To fix this you need to install Prompt after SSMS2016 has been installed. Since you're on 7.2.1 the easiest way to do this is to upgrade to 7.2.4 which you can download directly from here.

If you still have problems after running the latest installer just let me know.

Thanks,
    Aaron.
  • Hi Aaron,

That did it, thanks so much for your help.

K7
  • I have SSMS 2016, and I had the SQL Prompt menu showing up, but by mistake I deleted the menu from the ToolsCustomize menu-option from SSMS.

How can I recover the SQL Prompt menu?

I have tried re-installing SQL Prompt but it does not help.

Thanks...
    Jesus Varela.
  • Ouch Jesus!

Just messing around briefly and without the reinstall working the other option would be to Add New Menu from the Tool > Customize > Command Tab

Then add the SQL Prompt Commands but that seems a bit of a hash there must be something more sensible.

Is SQL Prompt providing suggestions in the Query Window?

Lee