Stuck on "DLM Dashboard is just starting up"

vahtisvahtis Posts: 2
edited October 31, 2016 12:31PM in DLM Dashboard
Hi,
after updating to latest version DLM Dashboard is not opening. It is stuck on first screen.

Loading…
DLM Dashboard is just starting up

I have restarted services with no help. I did even restart the whole server, but no help there either.

Any ideas what to try next.
Tagged:

Comments

• Hello,

Sorry for the issue you are having with the DLM Dashboard starting. We have opened a ticket for this issue so we can further troubleshoot what could be happening. I'll be responding there as soon as I finish this post.
    Allen LeVan
    Red Gate Software
    US Product Support
  • Any update on this?

I am seeing the same problem.

After a power failure and restart of my server, Dashboard will not load.

Loading…
    DLM Dashboard is just starting up
  • I've just install the latest version of DLM (DLM Dashboard_1.7.4.1062) and is experiencing the issue of ("DLM Dashboard is just starting up") I upgraded because the previous version got stuck on the upgrading process. Any idea around this..... Thanks
  • thanhthanh Posts: 1 New member
    We are experiencing the same problem. After upgrading to 1.7.4.1062, DLM Dashboard is stuck at the "Loading - DLM Dashboard is just starting up..." prompt.

Any suggestions on what the issue is and how to resolve it?

Thanks.
  • I've also been experiencing the never ending DLM Dashboard is just starting up message since we had a power failure. I upgraded to DLM Dashboard 1.7.4 hoping that would help, but no luck.
  • I am having the same issue with DLM Dashboard suck in "DLM Dashboard is just starting up" status. Everything was working fine until my PC (which it is installed on) had a forced power-off. I was on 1.6. This morning I upgraded to the latest version 1.7 and I still have the same issue.

It has now magically fixed itself, I guess I just needed to wait a little longer.
  • cdawsoncdawson Posts: 3 New member
    I'm also seeing this message. The web page just spins. DLM services are running. I re-intalled the app. I re-started the PC. It is still spinning. Is there a fix for this?
  • cdawsoncdawson Posts: 3 New member
    Issue appears related to Raven database indexing? From C:ProgramDataRed GateLogsDLM DashboardRedGate.SQLLighthouse.StorageService-1.7.5.1116-20161027-S-1-5-21-4197232873-2175859455-4264753103-3342.log

2016-10-27 16:48:40.465 -04:00 [Fatal] An unhandled exception occurred.
    System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> Autofac.Core.DependencyResolutionException: An exception was thrown while executing a resolve operation. See the InnerException for details. ---> One or more errors occurred. (See inner exception for details.) ---> System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> Raven.Abstractions.Exceptions.IndexDoesNotExistsException: Could not find index named: DbConfigsOrphanStatus
    at Raven.Storage.Esent.StorageActions.DocumentStorageActions.IndexLastUpdatedAt(String name)
    at Raven.Database.DocumentDatabase.<>c__DisplayClass8f.<Query>b__84(IStorageActionsAccessor actions)
    at Raven.Storage.Esent.TransactionalStorage.ExecuteBatch(Action`1 action, EsentTransactionContext transactionContext)
    at Raven.Storage.Esent.TransactionalStorage.Batch(Action`1 action)
    at Raven.Database.DocumentDatabase.Query(String index, IndexQuery query, CancellationToken externalCancellationToken, Action`1 headerInfo, Action`1 onResult)
    at Raven.Client.Embedded.EmbeddedDatabaseCommands.<>c__DisplayClass27.<StreamQuery>b__21()
    at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  • Alex BAlex B Posts: 1,131 Diamond 4
    Hi all,

It seems there is an issue with the RavenDB that is used internally by DLM Dashboard.

The best option here will be to delete the RavenDB which will unfortunately erase all previous history and force DLM Dashboard to completely recreate the database with the necessary indexes. Can you please:
    • Open your services panel and stop all three DLM Dashboard services (DLM Dashboard Monitoring Service, DLM Dashboard Storage Service, and DLM Dashboard Web Server)
    • Go to C:\ProgramData\Red Gate\SQL Lighthouse\
    • Rename the RavenDB folder to RavenDBOld (if this was indeed a new install though, you can just delete the RavenDB folder)
    • Restart the DLM Dashboard services and then try loading DLM Dashboard again

I hope this helps!

Kind regards,
    Alex
    Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?
  • VTDBAVTDBA Posts: 2 New member
    edited April 19, 2018 6:48PM
    Ok - so here is a solution that worked for us if you don't want to lose your history or data.
    Follow Alex B.'s instructions above, except with some differences - we are going to keep the data and ditch the indexes, forcing DLM Dashboard to rebuild the corrupted indexes.
    -Open your services panel and stop all three DLM Dashboard services (DLM Dashboard Monitoring Service, DLM Dashboard Storage Service, and DLM Dashboard Web Server)
    -Go to C:\ProgramData\Red Gate\SQL Lighthouse\
    -Go to the RavenDB folder and delete the following folders:
    1) CompiledIndexCache
    2) IndexDefinitions
    3) Indexes
    -Open your services panel and start all three DLM Dashboard services (DLM Dashboard Monitoring Service, DLM Dashboard Storage Service, and DLM Dashboard Web Server)
    -Browse to the DLM home page.  It will show the same message from before "DLM Dashboard is just starting up" - but this time it's actually rebuilding the missing indexes.  Be patient - depending on the size of your Raven DB it could take a few minutes.  Ours was 1.4 gigs, and it took about 3 minutes.
    -You should end up with your DLM Dashboard fully working again, without having to rebuild.

• krachynskikrachynski Posts: 14 Bronze 5
    Let's see how long this takes. My database is 34GB
  • krachynskikrachynski Posts: 14 Bronze 5
    Well, it ran for 50 minutes and then crashed. DLM Dashboard cannot deal with this database.
  • MrRimmerMrRimmer Posts: 6 New member
    This didn't work for me, moving from a test setup on my laptop (Windows 10) to a Windows 2016 server installation.
  • george_Pgeorge_P Posts: 1 New member
    edited June 2, 2020 1:23PM
    Alex B said:
    Hi all,

It seems there is an issue with the RavenDB that is used internally by DLM Dashboard.

The best option here will be to delete the RavenDB which will unfortunately erase all previous history and force DLM Dashboard to completely recreate the database with the necessary indexes. Can you please:
    • Open your services panel and stop all three DLM Dashboard services (DLM Dashboard Monitoring Service, DLM Dashboard Storage Service, and DLM Dashboard Web Server)
    • Go to C:\ProgramData\Red Gate\SQL Lighthouse\
    • Rename the RavenDB folder to RavenDBOld (if this was indeed a new install though, you can just delete the RavenDB folder)
    • Restart the DLM Dashboard services and then try loading DLM Dashboard again

I hope this helps!

Kind regards,
    Alex

Is there an option to increase the rebuilding-indexes-timeout ? The default is 30 minutes and my data file is 19GB and it crashes.

I had to Rename the RavenDB folder and start over (and lose all history)