Command line /ScriptsFolderXML and multiple repositories

andrew.nowakandrew.nowak Posts: 7
edited September 22, 2016 10:18AM in SQL Compare
Hello,

I was wondering if there's a way to use the /ScriptsFolderXML command line option to compare separate locations source control? I have used it successfully to compare multiple versions of a single repository location, or to compare a single repository folder to a scripts folder or database, however I can't seem to figure out a way to point /sourcecontrol1 and /sourcecontrol2 to separate repository locations. This is possible through the GUI.

Comments

• Hi Andrew,

I'm afraid that due to the way source control details are passed in in the command line (through a single xml file) it isn't possible to compare separate repositories without comparing to and from another data source as an intermediate step. You're right that this is an instance where it's possible to do something through the UI that it isn't in the command line.

Matthew Chandler
    Software Developer on SQL Compare and SQL Data Compare
    Matthew Chandler
    Software Developer on SQL Compare and SQL Data Compare
  • Matt, thank you for your reply.

I added a user voice suggestion to separate this switch to /ScriptsFolderXML1 and /ScriptsFolderXML2, similar to other command line switches. As a workaround, I should be able to first pull down one or both repositories to a local folder and use that as a compare target.