Options

Deployment script creation progress

jmeyerjmeyer Posts: 70 Bronze 2
edited October 11, 2016 10:29AM in SQL Data Compare
12.0.26:
Creating a deployment script covering around 3.5M records across 20+ tables. The deployment screen displays a "Deployment (Not Responding)" in the upper left title sectiona nd ultimately crashes with am exception "Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown." DataCompare v11 is able to perform the sync.

Comments

• Options
    Hi there - Sorry to hear you're having a bad experience with v12. I'll have a look and see if we can reproduce the same problem locally
  • Options
    Ok, I've managed to reproduce this now (reference SDC-2206). I'll try and see what we can do to reduce memory usage in the deployment wizard
  • Options
    We've just released 12.0.29.3182 to Frequent Updates, which should reduce memory usage to a more sensible level in the deployment script so hopefully it will start working for you.

There's still some more work to do here - generating the deployment script currently blocks the UI thread, which it shouldn't do, and there's some more performance improvements I think are possible. It should actually refrain from crashing now, though :)
  • Options
    We think we've fixed this properly in the latest Frequent Update version, 12.0.32.3340. Does this version behave for you?
    Software Developer
    Redgate Software
  • Options
    jmeyerjmeyer Posts: 70 Bronze 2
    Sam:

This appears to be fixed and deployment script generation also seems to be running a bit faster.